Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Generations Selects Riccochet and Red Swoop

Default Generations Selects Riccochet and Red Swoop

A new concept from Hasbro is the Generations Selects, which will be limited edition figures that won't be sold in stores (in the US), but will be
    offered through select online stores (Hasbro have already linked to Entertainment Earth on their facebook page).

The first two have been announced as Red Swoop (minor redeco of POTP Swoop, which we all expected eventually), and Riccochet (black redeco of
    POTP Jazz). The Entertainment Earth listings have them both at US$20 each, and to be released in February.

Hasbro have also given out official images and details to some American fansites (the quoted text below came from here, which has more official images).

Transformers Generations Selects:
    Generations Selects is a fan-dedicated collection of figures featuring special edition, limited release versions of
    Transformers characters. They’re mail-order only, shipped in special packaging exclusive to this line. We launched this line for our fans to expand their collection and make it truly unique.

Power of the Primes Dinobot Red Swoop:
    The original 1985 Transformers toy release of Swoop had red deco. TFans can get a Swoop with red deco inspired by the original G1 toy. You won’t find it in stores!
    Figure is compatible with Combiner Wars and Power of the Primes Deluxe and Voyager toys (sold separately) to serve as a
    limb in a custom giant robot like Volcanicus. Autobot prehistoric creature transforms from pteranodon to a robot with a fist and
    a sword. Red and clear pteranodon inspired by the original toy deco of the original 1985 Swoop release in the USA.

Power of the Primes Ricochet:
    Ricochet deco is based on the 1987 Targetmaster, known in Japan as Stepper. It has the character’s classic flame deco, as
    well as sleek gold rims and gold accents.
    Figure is compatible with Combiner Wars and Power of the Primes Deluxe and Voyager toys (sold separately) to serve as a
    limb in a custom giant robot. Autobot car transforms from sportscar to a robot with a fist and a blaster. Black and gold
    car inspired by the super-rare Japanese Targetmaster toy Stepper.

Exclusive! Transformers Generations Selects bring back favorite characters from across the globe as exciting entrants into the
    Cybertronian Wars.
    The pre-order pages on Entertainment Earth - Swoop - Riccochet.

While I'm perfectly happy with my Generations Jazz, I do like the idea of having a Stepper which is a different mould!

I hope Ricochet somehow ends up here.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

A target master for stepper included or some additional chrome for red swoop would have been nice

Time to dispose of my United Stepper so he is more in line with my POTP Jazz. No interest in Swoop what so ever. Blue for the win!!

I'm still going to get a United Stepper for my collection. This doesn't do it for me.

Very good for toy Dinobot fans (not myself). Stepper is nice too.

It’s pretty funny though that his name is “Red Swoop.”
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    It’s pretty funny though that his name is “Red Swoop.”
    I did notice this. I would've preferred to have it called Divebomb.

I'm gonna head-canon Red Swoop as Swoop and Swoop as Divebomb in the Gokiverse.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Said it before and I'll say it again - it's a shame they didn't make Backstreet out of that Jazz mould.

Don't even need the flippy flip guns. Just a couple accessory guns that are able to plug into his robot/alt modes.

These are already up for preorder with BBTS

Going to stick with United Stepper. He's been on my neglected want list for a long time. It's great that they're releasing this version for the current line, but both modes seem to step-down from the United version.

Aside from an overall lesser amount of gold paint apps, the biggest drawback is the missing flaming gold Autobot insignia from his chest.

The gold paint apps on his sleek/thin ninja-like jaw seem to work against this version as his nose and mouth are not very noticeable, giving him a face-mask look.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!