Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: HobbyLink Japan (HLJ) (Japan) new items

According to the email I just got from HLP MP Megs will be in around the 3rd of April.

They will also for US and Australian customers be opening the box, popping a (removable) orange plug in so as the toy complies with Australian laws and should be happily let through customs!

Friggin awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    According to the email I just got from HLP MP Megs will be in around the 3rd of April.

They will also for US and Australian customers be opening the box, popping a (removable) orange plug in so as the toy complies with Australian laws and should be happily let through customs!

Friggin awesome!
    Just got the email as well, not sure how I feel about them opening up the packaging to put the orange plug though :/

Hopefully they don't superglue it in and that it is removable (since it doesn't mention it is removable in the email)
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    Just got the email as well, not sure how I feel about them opening up the packaging to put the orange plug though :/

Hopefully they don't superglue it in and that it is removable (since it doesn't mention it is removable in the email)
    In the email they caution you to not remove it, indicating that it is indeed able to be taken off otherwise no warning would be needed.

Megatran Guest

Here is the webpage, with the special note about the product. (almost verbatim to BTT's email from HLJ, which was posted in another thread)

Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron Orange-Capped for USA

Special note about this product

HobbyLink Japan will be inserting a plastic orange plug into the end of this item's barrel in order to keep this toy in compliance with Title 15, Chapter 76 of the United States Code.

Installing this cap on the item will require our staff to open the packaging, which will require cutting the tape holding the box flap closed. This will be performed with the utmost care, but of course it will prevent us from delivering this product to U.S. customers in "unopened" condition. Note that without this modification, your purchase could be confiscated by the U.S. Customs Service and/or you could be charged with a crime under the above U.S. Federal Law.

HobbyLink Japan understands and appreciates the desires of U.S.-based toy collectors related to merchandise of this nature, and we feel this is the best solution to meet those needs under the circumstances. In order to maintain your item's compliance with U.S. laws, we recommend that you do not remove the plastic cap after you have received the item.

The mighty Decepticon leader Megatron is fully posable, transformable between his two forms, and he comes with three facial expressions (grim, a mocking smile, and a shout). He also has the scope, silencer and stock, an interchangeable damaged chest part, a blaster, energy mace, articulated chain, laser dagger, the Vector sigma key, and his headgear. He stands about 30cm tall. Don't miss out on this ultimate Megatron collectible figure!

Looks like I'll be going elsewhere at the 11th hour.

So, the email notes Australia and America, but the webpage only notes America.

I just don't know why they are altering the Australian ones, when they are only adhering to US Federal law. An orange cap shouldn't change its status in Australia, and I think it will still be seized, but now it will be an opened toy that is seized instead of a mint one.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

I just don't know why they are altering the Australian ones, when they are only adhering to US Federal law. An orange cap shouldn't change its status in Australia, and I think it will still be seized, but now it will be an opened toy that is seized instead of a mint one.
    My VIC copper mate is going to look into it more thoroughly tomorrow but at this stage reckons it wouldn't be a problem as the law was clarified more to separate 'toy guns' and 'real guns' in their classifications and subsequent bannings as long as it was 'obviously a toy' which, considering Megs will be in robot mode, this is

New legends listings are up!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    My VIC copper mate is going to look into it more thoroughly tomorrow but at this stage reckons it wouldn't be a problem as the law was clarified more to separate 'toy guns' and 'real guns' in their classifications and subsequent bannings as long as it was 'obviously a toy' which, considering Megs will be in robot mode, this is
    The problem isn't local state police, but rather federal customs which seized all of the last MP Megatron, which WAS shipped in robot mode and even when transformed would be comically oversized in gun mode. Local police were awesome, and helped me fill out a license application. They thought customs were overreacting too.

Mine was seized and even with a non-firing replica weapons license, customs only released mine on the day on which they were required to present it before a magistrate. If you can buy it from a local dealer that has gotten/finessed it through customs, you bypass all he hassle.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Simple, common misconception, they think we have it as "easy" as americans and just cap everything.

Hard to get toy guns into said country=just cap it

LG47, LG48, LG49 have just gone up on HLJ for those interested

https://hlj.com/product/TKT96383
    https://hlj.com/product/TKT96384
    https://hlj.com/product/TKT96385