Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC exclusive Bumblebee with Dino-cassettes

I saw it on instagram this morning and wondered what the heck are these casettes. Are they old Diaclone/microman figures??

In the past I have gotten SDCC exclusives from Robotkingdom for decent prices so if you want this I would keep an eye on their site maybe.

bowspearer Guest

I could care less about bling bayformer bumblebee, but I so want those dino cassettes! Bring on the Encore Release!

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I saw it on instagram this morning and wondered what the heck are these casettes. Are they old Diaclone/microman figures??.
    Pretty sure they were created for the Transformers line (for the Headmasters line in Japan) like the other combining cassettes that did get released by Hasbro, rather than being unused Microman figures. I think all the Autobot cassettes actually were unique to Transformers.

For those like me who wanted to read up on the four Japanese exclusive Gen1 Dinosaur Cassettes, there is this review here of the four, and the TFWiki page (which doesn't have a lot of info on them, as they are still fairly unknown in the West - but my impression of those pages is like Paulbot says, in that they appear to have been designed just for the Transformers toyline, and not a pre-Transformers toy that was used for our toyline).

So it looks like one is dcon and the other is bot. Were they both these factions originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    So it looks like one is dcon and the other is bot. Were they both these factions originally?
    They were both Autobots in G1. Some people have noted that the one that is now a Decepticon also has a reversed name (Uruaz instead of Zauru) and perhaps the cassettes will also be released a second time but the other way around (one original colours and allegience and the other 'reversed').

One can speculate and hope. And as someone who loves his cassette bots and can't get enough of them, definitely wanna obtain this

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The dino cassettes are probably my most wanted JP Gen1 toys... I really hope they do all four. Even if different colours, these are 4 of only 6 unique Gen1 moulds that I don't yet have, leaving just Grandus and Galaxy Shuttle.
    (
    Ah Grandus - he’s a chubby bugger! always wanted him though since he’s a cityformer (or is it Titan now?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Waitasec, those dino cassettes combine?

Oh man, I hope they aren't just an SDCC release.....
    I became aware of these 4 a few years ago when checking out all the JP cassettes but I gotta admit I never knew they combined!

I’d love to pick these up but reckon the price will be pretty hefty

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

I became aware of these 4 a few years ago when checking out all the JP cassettes but I gotta admit I never knew they combined!

I’d love to pick these up but reckon the price will be pretty hefty
    US$60, just hopefully can source one before aftermarket prices