Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DotM Guidebook (Bios and upcoming toys)

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Ben Yee has reviewed it. http://www.bwtf.com/toyreviews/dotm/legion/starscream/

It's the same mold as the action set version, but coloured more like how he appeared in the first movie.
    Ah okay then... it's wave 3 (it's number 13 on the back), I'll add that to the checklist then.

It wasn't on the TFW resource site either, and they're pretty good with keeping up with things.

so what does lazerbeak turn into??

His vehicle mode (which is most likely not in the movie) is based on the GI Joe Sigma 6 Dragonhawk Heavy Armor Dropship
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

That's definitely what it is then. I certainly would never have guessed what it was when doing up a toy review... It will be interesting to see what Hasbro calls it on the back of the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    His vehicle mode (which is most likely not in the movie)
    I really wish Michael Bay would stop doing that... including all these Transformers that don't transform. (-_-) And if what FFN's saying is true, then it sounds like HasTak are putting in more effort at giving the non-transforming movie Transformers an alt mode instead of the underwhelming modes from previous figures, e.g.: TF1 Scorponok's robot mode, RotF Ravage's alt mode etc. They did pretty well with RotF Soundwave's robot mode -- was that ever designed by Dreamworks/Paramount or did HasTak engineer that from his satellite mode?

Saw today at Toyworld - Back of Laserbeak's packaging says, 'Hover Jet Mode' as its non-condor mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I really wish Michael Bay would stop doing that... including all these Transformers that don't transform. (-_-) And if what FFN's saying is true, then it sounds like HasTak are putting in more effort at giving the non-transforming movie Transformers an alt mode instead of the underwhelming modes from previous figures, e.g.: TF1 Scorponok's robot mode, RotF Ravage's alt mode etc. They did pretty well with RotF Soundwave's robot mode -- was that ever designed by Dreamworks/Paramount or did HasTak engineer that from his satellite mode?
    I think Ravage would be the one who isn't depicted on screen as turning into anything, but he probably does turn into a protoformish mode like the toy for reentry.

Talking about Laserbeak's apparent alt mode in the movie would be spoilers (assuming it stays that way in the movie), but eg, Scorponok actually transformed into Blackout's helicopter engine (well, one of them).

ROTF Soundwave's robot mode was based upon concept art of Soundwave back when he turned into a Chevy Silverado (or something similar, like Dropkick/Salvage). The robot mode was dropped when he was turned into a satellite, but Haskara used it for their ROTF figure. If I recall correctly, can see the Chevy looking grill area in his stomach.

I believe the DOTM design seems to carry over elements from the old concept design, too.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

A pic of Laserbeak's card back:

Default DOTM Toy line booklet Review

Very nice post grif, ty =o)

Today at Big W, I had Roadbuster and Crankcase in my hands, but I only wanted one to get me started (low funds), and I opted for Crankcase. After seeing HA Roadbuster, I'm glad with my choice =o) Still annoyed we never got a proper release of HA Mudflap and Barricade over here -.-

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)