Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

I agree with that for the most part, with one I disagree with.
    Swindle - considering the level of retool First Aid got, turning that mould into a Jeep style vehicle is almost a given - may get a new Hound out of it one day.
    Vortex - Keep Alpha Bravo's head, repaint and its Vortex. I would like to see anew front cockpit section and maybe different weapons on the arms.
    Brawl - Rook mould looks pretty likely, even seems to have a peg to attach the hand/foot piece as a turret on top the way Dragstrip does. Though I'd prefer a new, tank mould.
    Onslaught - Easily Hotspot. Replace the ladder with cannons, and based on Hotspot's transformation, you've still got his classic cannons sticking out from his back.
    Blast-off - I can see a new mould for this, if Defensor is anything to go by, there should be at least one new limb mould per combiner, so I'm calling it a shuttle. Again, may be wrong.

Edit: Another thought on Blast Off - Given Alpha Bravo's legs give an Astrotrain vibe, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Skydive/Air Raid retool on that mould, same legs, different upper torso...
    Last edited by prjkt; 16th February 2015 at 02:19 PM.

The speculation surrounding the Combaticons sounds right on the money, but that still leaves us with the "Masquerade" Autobots that were found in the TRU database to come. Of course, either wave could now be planned for next year.

We should now be able to work out what the Masquerade Autobots will be based on, though:

• Ironhide - a red repaint of Offroad.

• Sunstreaker - yellow repaint of Brakedown.

• Mirage - blue repaint of Dragstrip.

• Prowl - the obvious choice is a repaint of Streetwise (himself a retool of Deadend). However, that might be too close to Streetwise's actual toy, and doesn't really fit Prowl's character either. I'd speculate that he'll actually be a repaint of Rook, based on his recent appearances in IDW as a similar-looking SWAT vehicle (the robot modes are also reasonably similar). That would also make the Autobot car combiner (dare I call it Masqueraider?) significantly different to Menasor, especially if we're to use Optimus Prime/Maximus as the torso.

There is another possibility, that the G1 Autobot car names are actually placeholders for the fan-built combiner. Given that the fan-built combiner is confirmed for 2016 and the G1 cars are supposed to be wave 4, though, and fit so well as redecoes of what's already been released, I'd say it's unlikely.

Well, since it's pretty much a given we will get announced at some point the Combaticons, I think we will see the Technobots too since there a a lot of molds that can be retooled to make them. That will keep the numbers even at three Vehicle gestalts a piece. That leaves the four animal based Decepticon ones.

I don't think we will see any animal ones until they guage how well the current (and hopefully future) vehicle ones sell. But if they sell well and they decide to go ahead, mold sharing will probably play a big part on what they make.

So taking into account the alt-modes of the four animal-based gestalts, I think we could see the following mold sharing with retooling and resizing done as necessary:

Winged Creatures
    Divebomb (Predacons)
    Cutthroat (Terrorcons)
    Wildfly (Monster Pretenders)
    Seawing (Seacons)

Feline Quadrupeds
    Rampage (Predacons)
    Razorclaw (Predacons) Possibly Voyager Sized?

Stocky Quadrupeds
    Ramhorn (Predacons)
    Headstrong (Predacons)
    Birdbrain (Monster Pretenders)
    Bristleback (Monster Pretenders)
    Snap Trap (Seacons) Voyager Size

2-Headed Dragon Quadrupeds

Sinnertwin (Terrorcons)
    Hun-Grrr (Terrorcons) Voyager Size

Aquatic Bipeds
    Rippersnapper (Terrorcons)
    Overbite (Seacons)
    Skalor (Seacons)

Mammalian Bipeds
    Blot (Terrorcons)
    Icepick (Monster Pretenders)
    Scowl (Monster Pretenders)
    Slog (Monster Pretenders)

Multi-limbed Sea Creatures
    Tentakil (Seacons)
    Nautilator (Seacons)

I know a lot of these are a stretch, but considering what a great job they did of turning Jetfire into Thundercracker and Silverbolt into Cyclonus, I reckon they could pull a lot of these mold sharing/retools off
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 17th February 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Latest rumor: Ironhide will be a deluxe combiner limb released later in the year

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Latest rumor: Ironhide will be a deluxe combiner limb released later in the year
    I'm pretty sure a while back Ironhide, Prowl, Mirage and Sunstreaker were all found in a store database and were listed as deluxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    I'm pretty sure a while back Ironhide, Prowl, Mirage and Sunstreaker were all found in a store database and were listed as deluxes.
    True - but now they have found a sketch of a retool of Offroad with Ironhides head to back it up, first real evidence I've heard of

True - but now they have found a sketch of a retool of Offroad with Ironhides head to back it up, first real evidence I've heard of
    This was also found today revealing Sunstreaker and Mirage as the arms of Optimus Maximus???

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    This was also found today revealing Sunstreaker and Mirage as the arms of Optimus Maximus???
    Thats very cool! Considering Sideswipe is that bit closer to Breakdowns alt-mode because of the rear mounted engine Sunstreaker sports, makes you wonder if they went with Sunstreaker instead because Sideswipe is in the new RID cartoon and didn't want to confuse young fans. Also I dont think Bumblebee is going to be a Combiner Wars toy so for once the 'yellow sports car' slot isnt already taken.

As for Mirage being a retool of Drag Strip - well I think we all saw that one coming

Thats very cool! Considering Sideswipe is that bit closer to Breakdowns alt-mode because of the rear mounted engine Sunstreaker sports, makes you wonder if they went with Sunstreaker instead because Sideswipe is in the new RID cartoon and didn't want to confuse young fans. Also I dont think Bumblebee is going to be a Combiner Wars toy so for once the 'yellow sports car' slot isnt already taken.

As for Mirage being a retool of Drag Strip - well I think we all saw that one coming
    The combiner hand/foot makes a pretty good (oversized) engine block.....

The bios for the first wave of the toys were shocking! Hasbro must have been listening because the bios on the next wave look like the best we have seen in years! Check it out:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...offroad/32392/