Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judi Dench for Sky Lynx!

Default Judi Dench for Sky Lynx!

“I’d like to play an animal that turns into something – I’d love that if anyone’s got the part?”

(wasn't entirely sure where to post this, as it isn't news and I'm posting it mostly for humour, so hopefully the mods can sort it out if it's wrong)

You know what? If Sky Lynx was female she would have the perfect voice for the character! I've seen her do characters who are a mixture of articulate and arrogant - she could be Sky Lynx' mum

What if Sky and Lynx were separate identities? And what if they argued like an old married couple?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    You know what? If Sky Lynx was female she would have the perfect voice for the character! I've seen her do characters who are a mixture of articulate and arrogant - she could be Sky Lynx' mum
    Didn't G1 Sky Lynx have a faux British accent?

I'd say she has the perfect voice for the part - Sky Lynx is a giant robot space shuttle dinosaur, so gender hardly comes into it!

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    What if Sky and Lynx were separate identities? And what if they argued like an old married couple?
    Lol - they should have done that with Flywheels

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Didn't G1 Sky Lynx have a faux British accent?
    More posh. And when an American talks posh they often sound like they are trying to be British.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I'd say she has the perfect voice for the part - Sky Lynx is a giant robot space shuttle dinosaur, so gender hardly comes into it!
    Na. Sky Lynx is definitely a boy. It's just like with other Avian creatures that that part of the anatomy retracts into the main body until needed. With Sky Lynx this is doubly as important as otherwise he'd scrape it off when landing in shuttle mode

2nded, from now on when I read Transformers Sky Lynx will sound like Dame Judi Dench in my head

Na. Sky Lynx is definitely a boy. It's just like with other Avian creatures that that part of the anatomy retracts into the main body until needed. With Sky Lynx this is doubly as important as otherwise he'd scrape it off when landing in shuttle mode
    I understand why you see Sky Lynx as male, but are you seriously telling me that while a giant flying robot dinosaur space shuttle isn't too far-fetched, a giant flying robot dinosaur space shuttle voiced by a woman is? I mean, Sky Lynx could still be "male" for whatever that means to a creature like him/her/it, just voiced by Judi Dench.

(I mean, to be quite honest she's Judi ****ing Dench, she can play Optimus Prime if she bloody wants to)

I understand why you see Sky Lynx as male, but are you seriously telling me that while a giant flying robot dinosaur space shuttle isn't too far-fetched, a giant flying robot dinosaur space shuttle voiced by a woman is? I mean, Sky Lynx could still be "male" for whatever that means to a creature like him/her/it, just voiced by Judi Dench.

(I mean, to be quite honest she's Judi ****ing Dench, she can play Optimus Prime if she bloody wants to)
    No I'm not 'Seriously' telling you. I was making references to his robogenitals for Primus sake so I thought it was implied I was being flippant

It's not too far fetched at all. He was male in G1 and Beast Hunters but I wouldn't have a problem if they made him female in some future incarnation. Let's wait and see how 'it' is referred to in his box bio on the upcoming Combiner Wars version eh - possible that the term 'she' may be used (though given Victorion coming out it's probably unlikely we will get even more female Autobot combiner characters sadly )

Actually, that'd be pretty awesome...