Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who the heck is Victorion?

Default Who the heck is Victorion?

I haven't been following the TF comics for quite some time.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about this character please. Thanks.

http://tformers.com/sdcc-2015-women-...6969/news.html

They did a fan poll for what would make up a new combiner. Everyone voted for 'female' and Autobot' and this is where she stems from

This article has basically all the information we know about this new group of combiners. No toys seen. Hasn't appeared in any comics. A couple of preview panels is it.

See this thread for the fan vote information.

While I'm 100% totally pleased we are getting a female combiner, I reckon it's a shame its going to be an Autobot. I think if fans had known that we would have so many other Autobot combiner groups coming out in the next year or so, and the fact we have seen tons of female Autobots crop up in IDW but no Decepticon ones as yet, we might have gotten a female Decepticon combiner to even those two factors out.

A combiner with Strika as the body, Slipstream as a jet/arm, Flamewar as a motorcycle/leg and maybe two new characters would have been awesome!

They could always repaint and retool Victorion to make a Decepticon combiner as well. I wonder when and if they make Victorion, will they create a set of unique toys, or will they reuse some molds from another combiner. Will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    They could always repaint and retool Victorion to make a Decepticon combiner as well. I wonder when and if they make Victorion, will they create a set of unique toys, or will they reuse some molds from another combiner. Will have to wait and see.
    I reckon since they used existing moulds for the fan vote they will just recolour existing toys - maybe with new headsculpts

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    While I'm 100% totally pleased we are getting a female combiner, I reckon it's a shame its going to be an Autobot. I think if fans had known that we would have so many other Autobot combiner groups coming out in the next year or so, and the fact we have seen tons of female Autobots crop up in IDW but no Decepticon ones as yet, we might have gotten a female Decepticon combiner to even those two factors out.

A combiner with Strika as the body, Slipstream as a jet/arm, Flamewar as a motorcycle/leg and maybe two new characters would have been awesome!
    I see the problem being that when different elements are voted on by fans separately, Autobot will always win, and Female will always win (like it did with Windblade and other various fan-votes).
    If they had a single voting category of "Autobot male, Autobot female, Decepticon male, Decepticon female", it might make it more interesting, and could see a Decepticon female win.
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    The molds will all be existing molds, with (I am assuming) minor remolding.

I believe it's the Silverbolt body, two Alpha Bravo limbs, and two car limbs.

Despite the motorcycle part not being noticeable in the art, the article says it's a Hotspot and Groove repaints making up her body:

The team's alternate vehicular forms include two race cars, a pair of helicopters, a motorcycle and a rescue truck.

2 Alpha Bravo's
    2 vehicles and
    1 Torso repaint

That is Victorion.