Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Scalping 7 Devastators on ebay

well this escalated quickly...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Sadly, I had to approve this post. Part of me REALLY didn't want to but he's not breaking any of the site rules unfortunately.

And still waiting on my call from Big W in Cairns to say he's in stock ... some how I don't think that call will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechariah View Post
    Exploitation of a child who is not able to get this item he so badly wants for Birthday/Xmas so parents have to go to this mug who has robbed the childs chance of getting it in the first place by buying items up to scalp for 70%mark up and leeching off the work of the reputable fair business which has earned its right through dedication to consumers to make its money.
    SCUM.........no one will rob my defenseless child and walk away triumphant.
    What about all us collectors who have bought this toy for ourselves?
    Are we not more guilty of robbing children of toys?
    Or is it when we try and sell it that we become evil?

Let's all just take a chill pill. This a toy/collectable item which is coming back in stock soon. As much as I hate scalpers I think we all need to just take a step back, apologize and continue being mega-nerds talking about plastic toys.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Sadly, I had to approve this post. Part of me REALLY didn't want to but he's not breaking any of the site rules unfortunately.
    Supply and demand at work baby

I really wish retailers would nail down the supply part so we don't get these demand problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechariah View Post
    I have to laugh at being the new guy and having members dislike me and possibly gang up on me
    On the internets the best defense is no defence buddy, old shaolin saying

Quote Originally Posted by Viderzo View Post
    This guy has 7. Nice huh http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/361329629645
    I actually 'asked the seller a question' not really expecting anything, and he came back to me saying yes he grabbed a few expecting them to sell out, some people have made an offer less than 198 and he declined and they got upset, he will accept 300 cash or 330 on ebay, something about ebay taking 10%. I've never actually sold anything on ebay so I don't what if any cut they take.

"It's all about supply and demand, Hasbro has limited supply and demand is insane. I was lucky enough to be at right place at right time."

A few? Last time I checked, 8 is not really a few. Not buying him being in the right place and right time spiel either as given what I'm reading here, you would need an inside track to secure that many.

As for supply and demand, yes this is pure and basic economics but this product is not in limited supply. Just limited in the exclusive Big W early release. As I understand, Sep is the national release for other stores. I'm having trouble sourcing one myself and my name is on a store list but if this doesn't work out I'll just wait a bit. Given his high asking price think a fair few people are going to wait as well as its quite clear how much the RRP was and a quick Google will show that there should be more incoming stock to Austraila.

Well I'm going to have to put him on a watch list to see how this goes. Reminds of the good old days where people used to speculate on comics. So how many issues of Spawn #1 are floating around in bargain bins these days?

Well for all us sydney siders we can have a chat with mr scalper personally as he always has a table at Penrith Fair, I recognise him as he always has Star Wars stuff and a tub of loose transformers and a universe countdown he has had for $70 for like 3 years
    I am sure he will have these out next Sunday for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Well for all us sydney siders we can have a chat with mr scalper personally as he always has a table at Penrith Fair, I recognise him as he always has Star Wars stuff and a tub of loose transformers and a universe countdown he has had for $70 for like 3 years
    I am sure he will have these out next Sunday for sale
    Please do
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Yeah technically he didn't do anything wrong it's supply and demand and all that jazz. But doesn't mean people can't be upset about it.
    If I was a Sydney collector and am still haven't secured my Devy damn right I'd want to say some nasty things about this guy. Sure you can wait for the eventual general release but why wait if you can get it right now?
    Haha just some random rant. Hopefully those still can't find their devy will soon~