View Poll Results: MP11 Starscream - worth buying?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 56.00%
  • Only if...

3 12.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

8 32.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP11 Starscream

The plastic isn't quite 'Hasbro gray' but it is more shiny and not as matte as Hasbro's MP Starscream, which is semi-accurate to an actual F-15. The finish isn't as nice but is closer to the color of an actual F-15.

The crux of MP-11 is that it favors bot mode over alt mode. For every improvement (sans the head and wing-hinge fix), the alt mode suffers. The loss of the conformal tanks that were the 'problem' of MP-3 results in a haphazard appearance from the side. The swing bar for the null-rays give the front view a strange silhouette, and the retool of the feet result in the rear and side view looking strange. It looks good from top three quarter views, but beyond that it begins falling apart. The color scheme is a G1 homage, but thankfully there is no black or blue nosecone. In retrospect I can see why Kawamori made the changes that resulted in MP-3, I just wish they had been better implemented.

I was pleasantly surprised by how good MP-11 looks tho. It is quite brilliant although I still don't quite like Starscream's head with a pointy goatee, but it's a vast improvement over the previous squashed head, which I detested to the point I made my own. Nice to see a light-pipe that actually adds something too.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I just got mine from HLJ for less than A$160. When I got it out of the box I was slightly disappointed by the plastic used. It gives the MP-11 a cheap looking and fragile feel. Though the plastic is actually the same or better than MP-3. Takara fixed many of the MP-3 problems but also create new problem (at least with my MP-11). The wing hinges are different from MP-3. It was supposed to reduce stress mark found in MP-3 (strangely, my MP-3 and MP-6 never have this problem), but mine keep popping out during transformation. They also corrected the shape of the vertical and horizontal tail sections. Now the tail section look exactly like the real F-15. The horizontal tail ends are somehow rounded. Luckily, they didn't do that to the dog tooth section like the Walmart/Toys R Us Starscream Masterpiece.

Overall, MP-11 looks more balance in bots mode. The alt mode is bit bulky at rear but it look sleeker without the CFT. I actually prefer MP-11 over MP-3 in its overall appearance. Only the MP-11 could have all the stencil printing of the MP-3...

Even with the new mould changes the first Hasbro MP Screamer utterly obliterates this new one in my eyes, especially in jet mode. This one looks dull as ditch water. You have to pay $160 for this? :/

I personally prefer my modded MP3 with the MP11 feel

[IMG][/IMG]

I haven't transformed it yet, so don't ask about QC yet.
    These are just some photos showing the differences I can see so far.

Head is completely new, being bigger and wider...

... and has a different ball joint.

Different waist, or at least the exterior sculpting.

Lower legs from the knees down are different.

Including the feet, above and below.

But the thing that surprised me was the human figurine. It's a pilot instead of Dr Arkeville... so what was the point of having it in clear blue plastic with no paint? If it were Dr Arkeville (again), the different colour & plastic would have just been to make it a variation from all the other ones. Being a new human figurine, it should have been properly coloured or even half-painted to look like a hologram. (because even holographic humans still looked like humans)

I clicked on "Not Interested." I already have the original Greenscream & Hasbro Starscream -- don't see the reason to get a third MP Starscream. I've got MP Sunstorm on pre-order, so I will end up owning a version of this mould at least. If they repaint/retool this mould as other new Seekers (e.g. MP Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust) then I'd get them. But not interested in getting the first three Seekers again.

I so badly want to be "not interested" in this toy either as, like many others, I already have the original 3 seekers plus ghost ss as well.

...but I BADLY WANT Malibu Stacy's new hat

Just caved and ordered this.

I'm terrible at resisting this kind of thing when studying for exams.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    I so badly want to be "not interested" in this toy either as, like many others, I already have the original 3 seekers plus ghost ss as well.

...but I BADLY WANT Malibu Stacy's new hat
    Sunstorm will have the new hat (albeit in different colours). That's good enough for me.

Is it just me or is the newer version less detailed, It also looks like it's made from cheaper materials I don't own one just asking the question.