Thread: Foxtel deals!

Default Foxtel deals!

Title says it all. Foxtel does all these special deals for people, they are desperate to hold market share with the rise of Netflix (rip Presto today!). Let's share these and save some $$$!

I'll kick things off. Was about to finish the first month free trial with free installation in two rooms on a month to month plan. Called to cancel today with the aim of getting a better deal.

Was going to be charged $71/mth for:

Entertainment (base pack)
    Movies
    Kids
    IQ2 in main room
    Basic box in 2nd room

They offered $51/mth for 12 months with no lock-in for the same package. I didn't need to haggle, just said it was not affordable. I accepted the deal and will call up to cancel again in 12 months before they hike the price back up.

Key is to cancel, that's when you will save some $$$.

Nice to know. Well done on that deal. I really should do this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Nice to know. Well done on that deal. I really should do this too.
    Thanks. Yes they trade off inertia, only reward loyalty if you threaten to leave.

Rupert gets none of my money.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Rupert gets none of my money.
    I never even watch Foxtel but my wife loves those stupid Wedding Dress shows and other crap reality TV which only seem to be on Foxtel. Not to mention that my Optus Cable internet in the area is suffering "congestion" which means my speed during Peak drops from 80 mbps to 1-5 with no plans to upgrade the network in my area for at least 12 months... I hate Optus... so no point getting a streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I never even watch Foxtel but my wife loves those stupid Wedding Dress shows and other crap reality TV which only seem to be on Foxtel. Not to mention that my Optus Cable internet in the area is suffering "congestion" which means my speed during Peak drops from 80 mbps to 1-5 with no plans to upgrade the network in my area for at least 12 months... I hate Optus... so no point getting a streaming service.
    Fair enough. I was simply stating my viewpoint

I hardly get to watch any TV anyway so even $50 a month seems too much for the use I would make of it. I can only just justify keeping Netflix at $12 a month.

Besides, I get Foxtel on my Ipad for free using my mother-in-law's username
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain