Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Do you get charged for postage for these items? I am tempted of doing the order but want to know if thats extra.
    I dont think so, when I was getting the marvel version of this it was the same price delivered as it cost in the newsagents and I dont see anything to indicate that they have added a delivery cost for this Transformers one, so I think it's still included.
    Obviously someone that has secured their subscription can tell us for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I dont think so, when I was getting the marvel version of this it was the same price delivered as it cost in the newsagents and I dont see anything to indicate that they have added a delivery cost for this Transformers one, so I think it's still included.
    Obviously someone that has secured their subscription can tell us for certain.
    Subscribed yesterday. No postage, which I believe the website says somewhere, will edit this if I find it.
    EDIT: http://www.transformerscollection.co...ription-gifts/ At the top

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm still torn as to getting this or not. I love the idea of a nice hardback collection but the cost of literally buying a second copy of everything I have just to fill in a few gaps not covered by the IDW classics. is really hard to justify.

It's like buying someone's complete G1 collection so I can have the mail away exclusives.
    This is what I'm thinking too.

I've got the first lot of G1 classic reprints that IDW did, and have been working through the Classic UK reprints (patiently waiting for the ever-deferred Vol 6!), have been picking up all of the IDW TPB since Infiltration.

The only thing I'm really missing in DW G1, but don't want to have to spend $1,500 just for those.

I might pick up the first issue and make my mind up based on the quality of the binding.

At least the first issue is a really good story to have in a complete volume, even if you already have the individual issues... and only $8 to risk, to see what it is like.

I caved, bought issue 1. Will probably subscribe once I get home and can open it.

The publisher sells volumes individually on their website in the UK, but not here, and they don't post internationally. I looked into a mail forwarder from the UK but postage rates from UK to AUS are high too, plus the forwarding company's fees, so even trying to just get the volumes I really want that way wasn't going to be that much cheaper and was going to be a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    The thing is you can see that my poster/booklet is marginally smaller then the ones that came with other copies people found. So my question is, did anyone get the version with the (seemingly) larger fold out poster/booklet and what measurements does it have?
    To inform others the (seemingly) smaller fold out poster/booklet is 68cm wide and 47cm tall (approx) when fully unfolded, and was folded 3 times (so in half, half again, and half again).
    Yeah I've bought 2 copies from 2 different newsagents where the poster is larger than the book. I'm sorry I can't give unfolded dimensions because I haven't opened them yet, but the folded dimensions are 28.5cm x 22cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I caved, bought issue 1. Will probably subscribe once I get home and can open it.

The publisher sells volumes individually on their website in the UK, but not here, and they don't post internationally. I looked into a mail forwarder from the UK but postage rates from UK to AUS are high too, plus the forwarding company's fees, so even trying to just get the volumes I really want that way wasn't going to be that much cheaper and was going to be a hassle.
    Fairly sure those with a subscription can order individual copies from the Aus website. Do you know anyone with a subscription, or is there anyone on this forum with a subscription who might place an order for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsurge View Post
    Yeah I've bought 2 copies from 2 different newsagents where the poster is larger than the book. I'm sorry I can't give unfolded dimensions because I haven't opened them yet, but the folded dimensions are 28.5cm x 22cm.
    Mine's the same, 57cm x 88cm unfolded. Was pleasantly surprised to find the poster was a Japanese G1 poster

Fairly sure those with a subscription can order individual copies from the Aus website. Do you know anyone with a subscription, or is there anyone on this forum with a subscription who might place an order for you?
    The website does say if you start a subscription late, you can order the back issues - but the way it reads doesn't answer if you can only order all the back issues or if you can pick and choose. And I wonder about old issues selling out if you don't order them in a relatively quick time frame. The UK site actually lets you go issue by issue and throw them in a cart which the AUS site doesn't.

Overall, I'm happy with the volume. The reproduction quaility is on par with recent IDW reprints, and I'd say slightly better than IDW's Classic UK books. Unlike the IDW reprints the Marvel elements are present (Spider-Man, the Marvel anniversary border) and the original colours are used (Purple Soundwave). With the UK issues there is something a little off that I can't quite put my finger on and I'm going to do some closer comparisons when I can. I do want to see how some of the more recent reprints look in this series.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 26th August 2017 at 09:38 PM.

Yeah I've bought 2 copies from 2 different newsagents where the poster is larger than the book. I'm sorry I can't give unfolded dimensions because I haven't opened them yet, but the folded dimensions are 28.5cm x 22cm
    Mine's the same, 57cm x 88cm unfolded. Was pleasantly surprised to find the poster was a Japanese G1 poster
    Cheers lads. Actually it didnt even cross my mind that the posters might be different looking as well, below is what the smaller one looks like (minus the logo in the bottom right) is the larger one the same?

Since PB you said it's Japanese G1 that makes me think it would have like StarSabre or something on it, I mean I know that the image I've linked is also technically Japanese but you know what I mean lol

My poster's the same one as you've posted (which has a Japanese origin sorry for the ambiguity!).

My poster's the same one as you've posted (which has a Japanese origin sorry for the ambiguity!).
    haha all good, as I said I knew that this poster is technically also Japanese, just wanted to make 100%
    Also you say this set will have everything including the marvel issues with spidey (which I know have been cut out of some reprints) and is as good as or better then the IDW prints?
    Yeah I think I'll be subscribing then.
    Oh and since issue 2 has Spotlight: Shockwave and some other IDW comics let us know how those compare to the originals if you can, if the whole series from old to new is up to scratch then I have even less worries choosing this as the printing to collect