Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New War for Cybertron cartoon for Netflix in 2020

Shared writers with the last trilogy is a bit of a concern, but maybe they wrote the good bits. I think the directing did a lot to let that show down.

TF Prime is one of my favourite shows, so seeing that studio involved, and Rooster teeth gives me a lot to be optimistic about.

Hopefully it becomes available on Blu-Ray fairly quickly. We might have Netflix by then, but only if our NBN connection is on time and is faster than our existing edge of the serviceable area ADSL
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Let's not be too negative. Yes it could suck but then again it could be great. I am going to hope for the latter and be optimistic. I'd rather drum up support for it so that if it is good and pulls in solid viewing numbers it will have a chance of lasting awhile.

Being negative about it will not get us anywhere when we don't even have a teaser yet.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Let's not be too negative. Yes it could suck but then again it could be great. I am going to hope for the latter and be optimistic. I'd rather drum up support for it so that if it is good and pulls in solid viewing numbers it will have a chance of lasting awhile.

Being negative about it will not get us anywhere when we don't even have a teaser yet.
    I'm not saying it can't be good, I'm just going by what we have, which is enough to form an opinion and expectation of what we're likely to see. The fact is that unless the writers were having their stuff heavily rewritten by others on Prime Wars, or are having their stuff heavily rewritten on Siege, then what we saw with the writing on Prime Wars is what we're going to see here. My bog concern is that the characterisations felt a little shallow on Prime Wars and I'm concerned about that happening here. Yes that could have been voice direction, but at the same time, while bad acting will ruin a good script, good acting can't save a bad script.

At this point I think it's better and more realistic to go into this with low expectations: there's enough evidence to suggest they're reasonable and if it does turn out to be really good, our expectations will be completely exceeded.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    I'm not saying it can't be good, I'm just going by what we have, which is enough to form an opinion and expectation of what we're likely to see. The fact is that unless the writers were having their stuff heavily rewritten by others on Prime Wars, or are having their stuff heavily rewritten on Siege, then what we saw with the writing on Prime Wars is what we're going to see here. My bog concern is that the characterisations felt a little shallow on Prime Wars and I'm concerned about that happening here. Yes that could have been voice direction, but at the same time, while bad acting will ruin a good script, good acting can't save a bad script.

At this point I think it's better and more realistic to go into this with low expectations: there's enough evidence to suggest they're reasonable and if it does turn out to be really good, our expectations will be completely exceeded.

I won't knock anyone for having an opinion (that is not totally unreasonable) but I am just saying that if we support the new series early and foster encouragement and engagement, we are much more likely to get a better product than if people are already writing it off.

We dont know what led to Prime Wars being exactly the way it was so I am not going to tar this with the same brush. I love RWBY and RvB so if this turns out anywhere near as good as those I know I will be happy. That is what I am hoping for.
    Last edited by Raider; 20th February 2019 at 08:25 PM.

bowspearer Guest

I am just saying that if we support the new series early and foster encouragement and engagement, we are much more likely to get a better product than if people are already writing it off.

We dont know what led to Prime Wars being exactly the way it was so I am not going to tar this with the same brush.
    That's why, given what did happen with Prime Wars, I'm far more inclined to reject both options you've listed and instead adopt a "wait and see" approach.

Given it's on Netflix and the whole series will have been paid for regardless, I don't see a problem with a whole heap of us holding off until a few reviews start surfacing and if it's good, checking it out en masse from there. If it is good, it'll still wind up getting enough views to justify a second season anyway.

I'll watch a few episodes to get a feel for it, definitely. I've read elsewhere how people have already kicked it to the curb & will be boycotting it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't &, but, far out, considering nobody has seen a single pixel yet... let's just give it a chance

If Rooster Teeth are involved I’ll definitley give it a chance. RWBY is a fantastic show and their new mecha series (name escapes me right now) is apparently showing promise.

I just love speculation. We end up with pages and pages of people arguing over points that just turn out to be wrong anyway. So much wasted emotion and keystrokes
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If Rooster Teeth are involved I’ll definitley give it a chance. RWBY is a fantastic show and their new mecha series (name escapes me right now) is apparently showing promise.
    Gen:lock is the new one. I watched the first ep and enjoyed it but you need to be a subscriber for the others. I am hoping it goes free once all have been aired.

I love RWBY too. The character development in that show is outstanding, as is the story and the choreographed fight scenes. I would love to see them put some of that choreography into transformers.

Gen:lock is the new one. I watched the first ep and enjoyed it but you need to be a subscriber for the others. I am hoping it goes free once all have been aired.

I love RWBY too. The character development in that show is outstanding, as is the story and the choreographed fight scenes. I would love to see them put some of that choreography into transformers.
    I could go on for hours about how awesome RWBY is. But I won’t
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I could go on for hours about how awesome RWBY is. But I won’t
    As could I. I think I posted a few times in the what are you watching thread but only ever heard crickets when I posted about RWBY

I'm guessing that they will do this new series in the same sort of animation style. I wasn't a fan of it at first but it grew on me. There is a really interesting making of RWBY video where the team goes through the animation differences between season 1 and season 2. I wonder where the Transformers one will start off. Guess it depends on the budget.