Page 25 of 467 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    You can generate a virtual PS1 card on your PS3 and play Ps1 games of the same region on that.

I wonder where they did this "survey." Many people have complained about the lack of PS2 iness on the PS3. I remember Sony heavily pushing the ability of the PS3 to hand 1/2 games before they released (during the pre-order times) and then right before it was due for the release when I enquired I was informed its no longer there. Lame-asses.
    Cheers for the advice, but that's what I meant when I mentioned I wouldn't need to buy a card. Three steps ahead of you, Tets. I always wondered why there was the 'PS1/2 Memory Card' option on the XMB despite having no way to hook an actual card in, figured it out once I put in the MGS disc for the first time.

It's funny you ask about that 'survey' too, because I swear everytime the Sony rep has come into work ever since the PS3 came out she always spouts that same manufactured line - 'no support, survey said, customers didn't wan't'. What a load of bollocks. I have never had a single customer buy a PS3 off me without asking can it still play their old games. Hell, even people who aren't buying or those simply asking what a PS3 is ask if there's backwards compatability. Like to see Sony do a survey of what the retailers think.

Bought myself Castlevania Judgement for thw Wii last week, $20 from EB. Not bad, but it was difficult to master how to play it at first. After about an hour of losing and frustration and a whole lotta swearing, I finally got a handle on it. It's good, but I think I will finish it too quickly as there are very few characters to choose from.

One cool feature is I can link it with my Order Of Ecclesia game to unlock bonus stuff.

Okay so after d/ling the HD trailer for FFXIII I'm pretty goddamn pumped for the game now. I'm sure you can d/l it on youtube or wherever but I strongly recommend those with a 360 or PS3 watch it on the big screen...Bloody amazing stuff! Quite a fan of the main theme song too, tres epix! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEsqH41GJFM

i read somewhere a lot of people in japan are picking up FFXIII for like $20, apparently its not much of a success there =/
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Okay so after d/ling the HD trailer for FFXIII I'm pretty goddamn pumped for the game now. I'm sure you can d/l it on youtube or wherever but I strongly recommend those with a 360 or PS3 watch it on the big screen...Bloody amazing stuff! Quite a fan of the main theme song too, tres epix! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEsqH41GJFM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    i read somewhere a lot of people in japan are picking up FFXIII for like $20, apparently its not much of a success there =/
    Ditto. Heard lots of whinging about how crap it is. Sold well at the start, and then people started playing the game and expecting fun from it. HOW DARE THEY!

I ahven't been able to gat into final fantasy since VII.

According to wikipedia, it's plenty successful compared to most games! How it ranks compared to the most popular FF's, i'm too lazy to find out FF is traditionally very front loaded with it's sales though.

The lower prices are most likely used copies; once a new game starts getting returned (often very quickly in Japan) and advertised heavily, only nutters would buy the full price release!

How you feeling about Sonic 4 Tets?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    How you feeling about Sonic 4 Tets?
    Oh, you mean the enigmatically named "Project Needlemouse"?

I have been excited at the mention of many Sonic games int he past and most of them have suck ass. Although personally I thought that giving standard SOnic gameplay a makeover ala New Super MArio Bros would be cool about 2 years ago. I therefore am waiting for a demo to play before purchase. I am a little disappointed that it will be downloadable only though. I like my hard copies.

This isn't the only "project" to get people excited by Sonic. In 1997 they used the term "Project Sonic" for a "relaunch" on the awesome Sega Saturn. Then all they did was release Sonic Jam and Sonic R. Jam was a nice compilation, but R was a flawed attempt at Mario Kart with Sonic characters, it wasn't even programmed by Sonic Team. Still its was better than a kick in the nuts and it did come up with some cool robot versins of sonic Characters.

To summarise, consider my Judgement reserved for now. Been burnt too often...

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/au/

I'm excited, but am expecting SEGA to disappoint me somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/au/

I'm excited, but am expecting SEGA to disappoint me somehow.
    Sure its a sonic game, but where are the 3d environments, the guns, swords, Shadow the Hedgehog and all the other "friends"?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)