Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robots In Disguise Windblade

Default Robots In Disguise Windblade

http://www.allspark.com/content/2015...d-in-new-clip/

Hopefully it will mean a new toy.

Eh... it's Drift all over again.
    Hasbro has forced that character into every series possible since it was created. So expect a Windblade character in the next Transformers Movie too.

Why can't these Poochy characters just disappear as they are supposed to do...

I think she actually looks rather good in that pic

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I agree and the little bit of footage I saw on either Seibertron or TFW looked pretty sweet as well, and it's good to see the 'fan built' character being more than just 6 months of fan service with no follow through.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah I do too.
    I hope they make a new toy or re-release the old one as a redeco in the RiD line
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Eh... it's Drift all over again.
    Hasbro has forced that character into every series possible since it was created. So expect a Windblade character in the next Transformers Movie too.

Why can't these Poochy characters just disappear as they are supposed to do...
    Because the first Windblade miniseries was rather good and successful at establishing her in the fan's minds as an interesting character? Or perhaps because she had a well-designed (if somewhat over-ambitious) first toy which was a strong seller and a highlight of the Thrilling 30 line?

I like Windblade, as do many others. Even Drift was well-written in MTMTE, up until the point that he left. Also, the IDW comics and modern cartoons aren't the sole province of 1984 nostalgic G1 fans. New is good. New prevents stagnation.

Sweet, new fembot, and a recurring-across-different series one at that.
    Hope they release a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Because the first Windblade miniseries was rather good and successful at establishing her in the fan's minds as an interesting character? Or perhaps because she had a well-designed (if somewhat over-ambitious) first toy which was a strong seller and a highlight of the Thrilling 30 line?

I like Windblade, as do many others. Even Drift was well-written in MTMTE, up until the point that he left. Also, the IDW comics and modern cartoons aren't the sole province of 1984 nostalgic G1 fans. New is good. New prevents stagnation.
    +1

I am rather enjoying the cityspeaker character... I even like Drift (MTMTE Drift). I am glad that Hasbro isnt afraid to use new characters.

I know Griffin is taking the mickeys, but I must agree that I am glad to see her permeating through other series and lines.

She is the anti- Drift in many aspects, she is smart, flawed and not at all omni potent, more a reflection on the ability of their first writer as well.

The city speaker angle was very interesting and unique too.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

That's pretty much a stylised version of the Takara Legends version, perfect match on the face paint. I wonder if Takara will re-release her along with Arcee later this year for those that missed out.

Be interesting to see how they characterise her in RiD...