Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans Return Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

I reckon they could make a Titan sized figure like D-Void out of a combination of a legends size figure of every 84-86 Decepticon

Well, they probably couldn't without all the little figures being rectangular and crappy, and it would cost a mint - but still... it'd be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    The Titan Masters for the hands/feet was what I meant. Didn't quite put it out right.

I was thinking still have the Legends figure as the weapon though, but make the Titan Master + a little vehicle thing become the head.
    I got what you were saying, just decided to riff in the idea a bit more.

I say we call it Golden Zommael.

I think if you replace Hardhead's cannon with a missile, you'd get a pretty convincing Stalker...

Here are the latest rumors from the Transmission Podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVP_bQGUO_s

I've always loved the Headmaster Horrorcons, and I've been thinking that it may be possible for HasTak to develop a single base mould that could be redecoed as both Horrorcons. I'm no engineer, so this is just an extremely and crude sketch that I've quickly done up just to illustrate the basic concept.

Or maybe I've inadvertently designed a set of Horrorcon My Family car stickers. Oops.

Gok, looking at Mindwipe there in bat mode, what do you think of a new shaped head into a potential Swoop remould? Love for the Dinobots is seriously lacking in the Classicsverse

Seibertron has quoted someone's listing (from somewhere unknown), of some possible future items for Titans Return...

An anonymous friend of mine showed me a bunch of stuff on his computer last night that Hasbro is working on. A couple things were just concept art, or those packets they show investors. But the majority was actual toys. Anyways, he said I could talk about it online, as long as I didn't mention him by name.

So that said, it would be great to have some images, to represent what I saw when I'm talking to people. So I have a series of requests that are spoilers of what's coming later in 2016 and 2017. So anyone not wanting to know shouldn't read past this point. Cool?

Okay, I saw a Headmaster Star Convoy / Laser Prime from G2. It pretty much looks like Star Convoy, except that star-ish shaped yellow thing on his chest looks blockier, like a letter T. And his shoulders are very Laser Prime, sticking up high, with two circle things on the front of each one. In truck mode he's long nosed, but red. Not black with red flames.

Just as Sentinel Prime was obviously Astrotrain, Headmaster Megatron is obviously Blitzwing, but with a Megatron head. You can see his tank turret on his back, and jet fins on his ankles. He comes with two guns which merge to form his big cannon that can plug into his arm. Megatron's head looks very G1 in head mode. In "Nebulon" mode it has a red torso, and grey limbs.

Chromedome's getting repainted as Getaway. Head looks G1.

Triggerhappy is a headmaster who looks very G1.

Hot Rod is a headmaster who looks G1 in vehicle mode. Robot mode looks vaguely IDW to me. Small waste. Long thinghs. Big hexagonal kneepads with vents in them.

Alpha Trion's a triple changer. Beast Mode is a wolf with a unicorn horn (I have no idea why). Jet mode looks very Vector Prime.

Weirdwolf looks good. Very G1.

Powermaster Prime is getting a Diaclone repaint, so it's a blue COE truck. They seem to be calling it Magnus Prime or something along those lines (I can't remember for sure). Odd, since it's not white.

Tidal Wave seems to be coming back (investor art, photoshopped, rough). Looks like it'll share a mold with Broadside. Vehicle mode seems to be USS Flagg homage. Part of "strength series". Tidal Wave's head is called Powerhouse. Grey body. Green limbs.

Decepticon Clones. Looked to me like they have a Predaking. And the D-clones were Predaking parts. Same with Horri-Bull.

Sharkticon looks very round and G1.

Technobots look like you'd expect. But Afterburner is weird. Instead of making him G1, or just an orange Takara Groove, he's got this really long warped/bent windshield. It looks awkward to me. But that was my only complaint from everything I saw.

SDCC Fort Max comes with red sword. Has blue hands, instead of white.
    That's all I can remember right now. Anyways, very excited. Would love to have any of these done up, just for the sake of chatting with friends about it on FB, etc.

There is a logic to having a Pounce/Rampage and Wingspan/Divebomb share molds if repaints will help all four get made.

Saw a suggestion on Twitter that the new Blurr and Brainstorm toys could be made into Fastlane and Cloudraker. Was going to digibash it but haven't had time.

Also saw the new Chromedome digibashed as Pretender Bumblebee's shell. Very clever.

The list has been updated...finally, a Legends Kickback!

A lot of the others sound pretty tempting too, as long as the execution is done well.
    I always had a certain fondness for Triggerhappy's design, G1-esque Autobot and Decepticon Clones would be quite welcome (I like Paulbot's from-Twitter suggestion re. remold reuse), and the Powermaster Prime Diaclone homage is a pretty good idea repaint-wise - albeit it'd be better if it used the Ultra Magnus mold IMO.

So going by that: the general release of Fort Max will have white hands, while the almost impossible and highly expensive (no doubt) SDCC version will have correct coloured hands? Way to go Hasbro.