Thread: Toy Review - Playmates 2012 Metalhead

Default Toy Review - Playmates 2012 Metalhead

METALHEAD - Sewer-Built Robotic Turtle Ally

Built to last, built to blast, Metalhead is a "mutant" machine like no other. Created by Donatello from salvaged Kraang tech, Metalhead is one of the Turtles' most powerful weapons against evil. Almost indestructible, this "Don droid" is cloaked in impenetrable armor and bears a laser-lancing arm cannon. Metalhead's a force to be reckoned with, Turtle style!

Series - Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Wave: Series 2 - 2012
    Released here – Not sure (I have never seen him here and imported mine)
    Approximate Price - AU $15-18 + postage (if importing)
    Approximate Size – 10 cm tall (Basic)
    Allegiance – Good
    Main Features/Gimmicks – "Finger Flick" Flame Missile
    Main Colours – Grey, Yellow
    Main Accessory/s – Flame Missile

GENERAL:

Being a Transformer fan I love pretty much anything robotic so Metalhead was a must have for me. IMO he is a great looking action figure and well worth the money spent to get him. The pictures tell it all.

ARTICULATION:

Head - Can be pivoted left and right about 5 degrees and can also rotate 90 degrees left and right allowing for some cool head poses
    Arms - can be any where between straight up in the air to down beside his body but they cant rotate backwards due to the shell being in the way
    Hands - Both hands rotate 360 degrees just above the wrist.
    Legs - Can move backwards and forward at the hip about 45 degrees each way and can also rotate 360 degrees around (left or right) at the hip. His knees can bend backwards about 30 degrees and can also rotate 360 degrees around (left or right),

OVERALL:

Quite a decent looking action figure with a reasonable amount of articulation. My only gripe (it is part of the gimmick so unavoidable) is that the flame missile post sticks out the back of his arm.

PICS:

Just as an FYI, if I remember correctly Metalhead was released exclusive to Target around the time of the Toy Sale last year. Standard price of whatever the line was, they just had tonnes of him.

I think Big W got Fishface as an exclusive later, TRU received the Leonardo SDCC exclusive (2012) and Myer had the Shredder (II) SDCC (2013)