View Poll Results: GEN-15 Legends Skywarp - worth buying?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 60.00%
  • Only if...

2 20.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • Not even interested in it

1 10.00%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 Legends Skywarp

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 Legends Skywarp

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Skywarp
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco (2015 Thundercracker)
    Wave - 4
    Released here - Out here July
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$20 (US$10)
    Approximate Size - 10cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Fighter jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - none (Gen1 homage)
    Main Colours - Black, purple, silver.
    Main Accessories - two arm guns

(note - official image of robot mode is mis-transformed... it should have the wings folded up)

A month ago I played with my friend's son's Legends Skywarp, and I must say that it's a pretty damn good toy. This toy boasts quite an impressive level of design and engineering for its small size and cheap price point. My friend's 4 year old and his 6 year old sister really had a good time playing with this toy.

While I'm not personally interested in getting this toy (as I already have my existing Deluxe figure), for anyone looking to collect the Legends Class figures or looking for a toy for young kids to play with, I would highly recommend this figure. It packs a lot of awesome and is one of the best value-for-money toys that I've seen in a while. Although the Target sale is over, even at full price I'd say that this toy is well worth it.

Quite a nice little Skywarp. Not much I can say about him that already hasn't been said about the Screamer, Cracker and Acid versions of this figure in regards to design, poseability etc. However I can say the colour scheme is well done and he fits with his mold partners very well

An important point is that the hole on the jet's back has not been covered up and so weapons from other TF toys can be attached thus giving extra play value.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    An important point is that the hole on the jet's back has not been covered up and so weapons from other TF toys can be attached thus giving extra play value.
    That is from the original version of the mould, Legends Starscream, so that his Mini-Con Partner (Waspinator) could be plugged in his jet mode.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    That is from the original version of the mould, Legends Starscream, so that his Mini-Con Partner (Waspinator) could be plugged in his jet mode.
    I have the repaint (Acid Storm with the mini-con called Venin).

I really like this guy as a stand alone toy, but I really got him to be the chest piece on Menasor instead of Blackjack.