Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: August's Abundance

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Heh, I know the feeling. Our hotel in Osaka had a communal bin near the lifts; when we left it was overflowing with discarded Transformers packaging. I kept the cardbacks and flattened the few boxes that I decided to keep. Also cut out box art of the boxes that I chucked.
    We didn't think of doing that - we just left a note for our hotel patrons each day! I'm sure they were happy to see the end of our stay, after all the extra work i made for them

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    BRUTICUS!!!......complete with free Australia Post damage!
    Its a huge box actually. Took me 3 hours to find out how to open it.
    God, I want one of them so bad its making me sick.

First August acquisition: PCC Crankcase (with a big thanks to Snaketales).
    I have really grown to like the (5pack) PCC line. What's wrong with me?
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Pickups for the week

- Arrived on Thursday

- Brought on Wednesday, be a while before I can afford the Deluxe 'Universal Studios' version

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Technically received last month, but had these come in recently.
    Pretty happy with these, I've been after an Animated Rodimus and Arcee for a while but wasn't till recently I was able to find them at a good (aka cheap) price.
    Damn! - A very sweet & sizeable haul Dude, well done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    BRUTICUS!!!......complete with free Australia Post damage!
    Its a huge box actually. Took me 3 hours to find out how to open it.
    Nice!, a pity about AusPost's often sighted lack of care; He does look quite good in the game accurate colours & the Packaging is really superb too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Three parcels for me today its like my birthday all over again

*snip*

RTS Lugnut thanks to Mr Ed

*snip*

Generations Junkheap and Skyshadow thanks to Krayt

*snip*

TF Prime Weapon Series Microns Thanks to Me (Via Robotkingdom)
    Awesome haul Sharky, but those 3 Classicsverse figures are utterly cool, some might even say... Glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Some TF's from my Japan trip haul. Unfortunately most of their packaging had to be sacrificed to make the trip back to my inlaws!

*snip*

United Axalon
    United Tank Megatron
    Telemocha Cheetas + DVD
    United Beast Megatron
    Revoltech OP + Bumblebee
    Yet another great haul, a huge thumbs up from me for the Telemocha Cheetor!

Quote Originally Posted by tjparkside View Post
    August 2012:

Beast Wars 10th Anniversary TRU 2 Pack Optimus Primal & Megatron (misb)

*snip*

-Transformers G1 Combaticon Blast Off metal chest version (loose/complete)

*snip*

***(which completes my G1 Bruticus).....
    A massive congratulations on acquiring Blastoff & hence completing your G1 Bruticus dude, he's an absolutely awesome gestalt but just as much commendation goes to the acquisition of that BW 10th Anniversary 2-Pack; whilst I personally don't like the head sculpts, I do marvel at the stunning paint apps and I also appreciate how hard that set is to obtain considering its scarcity at a reasonable price.

I have 3 acquisitions to share with everyone today...

The 1st is Transformers: Prime (PRID) Arcee, after 3 months of scouring my local stores of whom were overflowing with Wave 1 Deluxe abundance...

Second up is courtesy of good 'ole Sideswipes_Brother, in ROTF (Leader Class) Starscream :

Lastly, but definitely the most sought after and eagerly anticipated set of figures I've had since obtaining X-9 Ravage earlier in the year; Facilitating the acquisition of a Grail who's tier is equal to that of the aforementioned Metals Jaguar, was Ode To A Grasshopper - Who was really quite generous in approaching me to offer his aid in securing one of the single hardest to find Beast Wars: II figure/s.

I present (Japanese) Beast Wars: II's X-3, Cybertron Jointrons - Tripledacus (MIB)!!!

Comprised of Gimlet:

...Motorarm:

...& DJ:

...Together forming the mighty TRIPLEDACUS:

A very pleasing month thus far indeed, thanks greatly to Sideswipes_Brother & Ode To A Grasshopper!

Before anyone asks, as a general rule I can't/don't do hunts - as a public servant in Japan my job forbids me from making money on the side (Hursty has been kind enough to score me a FOC G2 Bruticus by way of trade), and as someone with a full-time teaching job I can't regularly and reliably go hunting and deal with postage and handling etc. anyway. Sorry peeps, but while I'm on my current job I have to keep it to Invite Only.
    On the upside, I am picking up the odd bargain JP exclusive here and there, and if/when I have a job that does allow me to have side-projects there'll be a few nice Japanese exclusive goodies popping up in the sales section. Also on the upside, anyone planning a trip to Osaka is welcome to PM me for a meet, and if they're chasing anything that's currently out in Japan I'm happy to pick them up and hold onto them until said meet.

Anyway, today's score was AA Axor, $20 from Empire Toys. I got him just as much for the novelty value of a reasonably priced find from Empire as for the toy itself.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 6th August 2012 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

Lastly, but definitely the most sought after and eagerly anticipated set of figures I've had since obtaining X-9 Ravage earlier in the year; Facilitating the acquisition of a Grail who's tier is equal to that of the aforementioned Metals Jaguar, was Ode To A Grasshopper - Who was really quite generous in approaching me to offer his aid in securing one of the single hardest to find Beast Wars: II figure/s.

I present (Japanese) Beast Wars: II's X-3, Cybertron Jointrons - Tripledacus (MIB)!!!

Nice! I've had these guys for a few years now, but I remember how hard it was to come by, even back then. Specifically DJ. You got me beat though, by obtaining the wonderful gift set.

How much do I love this mold? I have Tripredacus, Tripledacus, Telemocha Gimlet and Motoarm and a MISB DJ. I also have incomplete/junkers Ramhorn and original Motoarm and Gimlet, but I don't count those.

King Atlas: I agree, it is a sweet set of toys. I have Tripredacus and that's enough for me... but I can understand the desire to have other versions too. Would you be able to take side by side comparison shots of Tripredacus & Tripledacus and post them in the appropriate section of the board? (if you wouldn't mind) -- if not, then I might ask Hursti to bring his Jointrons along to the next fan meet and I can bring Tripredacus to do it... but it'd be more of a hassle for the two of us to coordinate and do it. Just asking.

I don't recall this set being hard to find in 1998... but admittedly I wasn't really focused on them. Heh... I've always found it amusing that Gimlet looks like a cooked version of Sea Clamp

I don't mind doing some photos. I will have to borrow a camera from a sibling first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Before anyone asks, as a general rule I can't/don't do hunts - as a public servant in Japan my job forbids me from making money on the side (Hursty has been kind enough to score me a FOC G2 Bruticus by way of trade), and as someone with a full-time teaching job I can't regularly and reliably go hunting and deal with postage and handling etc. anyway. Sorry peeps, but while I'm on my current job I have to keep it to Invite Only.
    On the upside, I am picking up the odd bargain JP exclusive here and there, and if/when I have a job that does allow me to have side-projects there'll be a few nice Japanese exclusive goodies popping up in the sales section. Also on the upside, anyone planning a trip to Osaka is welcome to PM me for a meet, and if they're chasing anything that's currently out in Japan I'm happy to pick them up and hold onto them until said meet.

Anyway, today's score was AA Axor, $20 from Empire Toys. I got him just as much for the novelty value of a reasonably priced find from Empire as for the toy itself.
    Sorry dude , I should've mentioned the above myself but thought it'd be best to keep it private (Unless you wanted it otherwise ); that said I still have more photos of the set to go up (In a different thread) so look forward to that man.
    (I've just got to sort & rename the photos then upload them )

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    Nice! I've had these guys for a few years now, but I remember how hard it was to come by, even back then. Specifically DJ. You got me beat though, by obtaining the wonderful gift set.

How much do I love this mold? I have Tripredacus, Tripledacus, Telemocha Gimlet and Motoarm and a MISB DJ. I also have incomplete/junkers Ramhorn and original Motoarm and Gimlet, but I don't count those.
    They have been almost impossible to track down indeed, though it might not of if Takara had decided to do a Telemocha DJ to complete the set.
    I absolutely adore these molds too, as I have (Now) a complete Tripledacus & Tripredacus with an additional complete Cicadacon just because Individually they're just as sweet!

It's good to know that someone else loves these guys just as much as myself!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    King Atlas: I agree, it is a sweet set of toys. I have Tripredacus and that's enough for me... but I can understand the desire to have other versions too. Would you be able to take side by side comparison shots of Tripredacus & Tripledacus and post them in the appropriate section of the board? (if you wouldn't mind) -- if not, then I might ask Hursti to bring his Jointrons along to the next fan meet and I can bring Tripredacus to do it... but it'd be more of a hassle for the two of us to coordinate and do it. Just asking.

I don't recall this set being hard to find in 1998... but admittedly I wasn't really focused on them. Heh... I've always found it amusing that Gimlet looks like a cooked version of Sea Clamp
    Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    I don't mind doing some photos. I will have to borrow a camera from a sibling first.
    If I can find some time this weekend (The entire shoot of these acquisitions took 8hrs ) &/or King Atlas isn't able to get some up, I'll be happy to contribute some comparison shots.