Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    An episode in this season of Family Guy, has a nod to Transformers, as the theme of the episode is how a particular event would have been interpreted by three different directors, with one being Michael Bay. (none of the actual directors were involved)
    One scene has some "Transformers", and some screenshots can be seen here.
    This episode is on 7Mate right now

Dammit... I didn't think we'd get it so soon, so I wasn't keeping an eye out on the tv guide.

It came on after Capt Anerica which I was watching, but by that time it was too late to let people know in advance. It was not a great episode of the show.

This is really stretching it...but I'm sure in one of the new episodes of Stranger Things you can see the Nissan van which Ironhide is based on parked out the front of a building 😂

Thursday November 30th, the movie Ted 2 is on channel 99 from 9.30pm... which is supposed to have a scene at ComicCon... which includes the Hasbro exhibit, and you can see their Transformers display from that year.

Just as they had a little girl was carrying a MLP toy in the first live action TF flick, in the My Little Pony movie they slip in the classic Transforming sound near the start of the movie

Just watched it for the first time. Absolutely terrible movie.
    Anyway, enjoyed the Hasbro/TF references (possibly the only enjoyable parts of the film). For me...

* I've never seen Hasbro's US head office, but the shots of Hasbro in the film look very similar in style to Hasbro Australia's old office in Epping (I haven't been to their new office)

* There sure was a lot of Transformers product placement in the film, which is funny given that Marky Mark is in this film. I was hoping to see a fourth wall break with him walking past an AoE poster showing Cade Yeager (did that happen? I must say that I struggled to pay attention to this train wreck of a movie).

* The rogue Hasbro guy saying that he's from Mattel.

...man... suddenly Bayformers doesn't look so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thursday November 30th, the movie Ted 2 is on channel 99 from 9.30pm... which is supposed to have a scene at ComicCon... which includes the Hasbro exhibit, and you can see their Transformers display from that year.
    I was not a fan of the first Ted movie, so fortunately I taped this one to watch later in the night and fast-forward past all the bits that were just too boring or too crude to be funny. I managed to get it down to about 30 minutes.
    It actually had a lot more to do with Hasbro than I thought... and I forgot that the Ted toy was apparently a Hasbro toy (within the universe of the Ted movie) in the first Ted movie. As such, I was too busy looking for all of the random Transformers toys that were in the Hasbro office and at the NYCC (you could tell that Hasbro must have paid a fair bit to be in this movie, as there were Transformers props and signage everywhere during the NYCC scenes. It was funny to see them destroying the displays that had TF4 Movie toys in them... and you could even see the SDCC exclusive Knights of Unicron rockband set in one of the display cases.

As noted by Goktimus, I actually got a laugh from the Hasbro executive (character, not an actual Hasbro employee) claiming to be from Mattel after he got busted at the end.
    (I was surprised that they actually name dropped the CEO of Hasbro in the movie - Brian Goldner - when it wasn't even necessary... he didn't have to be named, or a fake name could have been said - he did get named in the credits though, in the "thanks" section.)

Speaking of credits - both the New Zealand government and Australian government gave grants to the Ted 2 movie... even though it was filmed in America (because some of the digital effects were done in Melbourne).

Watching a random episode of the British sitcom Not Going Out and was surprised by this bit:

"Are they steriods?"
    "Yeah I got them from a bloke at the gym. They're going to be like Energon to the Terrorsaur"
    "What?"
    "Transformers, from the original TV series, not the film that was a disappointment."

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Watching a random episode of the British sitcom Not Going Out and was surprised by this bit:

"Are they steriods?"
    "Yeah I got them from a bloke at the gym. They're going to be like Energon to the Terrorsaur"
    "What?"
    "Transformers, from the original TV series, not the film that was a disappointment."
    There's a Beast Wars character named Terrorsaur. My first BW toy actually.