Robzy's Rant:

"And away we go..."

Ah yes, Powerglide. Always a fave of mine - gotta love an arrogant show pony! I was really looking forward to the new DOTM: Cyberverse version when it was announced. So, let's take a look...

First thing is - the price. At the time of this review he can be found at Target for a whopping $18 Pretty pricey to be honest. But he looks so darn attractive in that packaging. Is he worth the price? Depends on how much you love the homage to G1 Powerglide and want the figure I guess. But I will answer this question properly after the review.

Out of the package, he's fantastic! I love the little touches and homages to the original G1 figure, while still keeping a modern feel. He's (sort of) got the wings on the side of his body and the "nosecone" head.

The best part is that his face is not too "movie-verse" for me. I'm not really a big fan of that insectoid aesthetic so I was a little concerned at first, especially about his face. But he's no more a Bayformer than Generations Warpath or even Wave 1 Classics Optimus Prime. He fits nicely in my Classics/Generations display.

His Robot mode is a little weird - he has odd feet in that they're very large, but also very skinny compared to his legs. His head has no articulation due to his transformation, so poor Powerglide can't look left or right. The wings on his arms make it a little hard to put him in any excessively dynamic poses, but they don't restrict him too much. The BIG thing (ironically) is how small he is! I was very surprise at just how small he is! He is quite a bit shorter than Scout-sized RTS Windcharger... only really coming up to his chest. I found that odd and a little disappointing. I was hoping they'd be the same for display purposes...

Alas, sadly, Powerglide is not much taller than an average Legends class figure...

The above pic shows two things - 1) How small Powerglide is (for his class and price point) and 2) That all we need now is a small Seaspray homage

All that said, I still think he looks fantastic... especially as a stand alone figure. Transformation is quite simple, but still fun.

It's really in Alt mode that PG shines...

I love the look of him in this mode. He's a cross between the G1 and Universe versions and he looks great! I can't say enough good things about this mode. His 2 guns (or mega-gun) split apart to form the missiles under his wings. He even has the 'arms folded under the wings' homage to the original. Love it!

So, overall I think Powerglide is an excellent addition to my TF ranks, and he's easily one of the best new figures I've bought in the last 3 months. His Alt mode is brilliant, and his Robot mode is very good. I guess that means he averages out to being a 'Great' figure. Which brings me to my initial question...

Is he worth is?

Price wise... at $18, I'd say no way. He's honestly worth about $12-13 in my opinion. He's very small (not much bigger than Legends Warpath) but still a lot more detailed and intricate compared to other smaller TFs. It's a hard class-size to rate to be honest... it's sort of an in-between that makes no sense. I would have preferred him to be an inch or so bigger and be up there with the Scouts. His limited articulation also hurts!

From a playability/fun factor POV - the answer is Yes! He's definitely worth it. If you can afford him I'd say he's definitely recommended, but if you're strapped for cash, maybe you could wait for a sale. He seems to be scarce at the moment (that could very well change though) so you have to be prepared for the fact he could sell out and you'd have to track one down somewhere, like on ebay, for an over-inflated price. I guess, in that scenario, $18 isn't so bad.

Robzy's last word: Recommended!