Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaw-dropping sale of TF5 toys at BigW.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got my son Voyager Optimus and Hound at Capalaba - no other Voyagers.
    No deluxe's at all.
    Also got him the following 1-step changers (he is 4 after all):
    - Drift (black and red)
    - Bumblebee (non-switchblade)
    - Cogman

They also had Scorn 1-step but he already had that

They had a heap of the little $3 ones but a woman came in and bought all but 2.

Garden City apparently had a shelf of them voyagers last night, then had to take them all down this morning to fill online orders. Sold out before they even opened.

Very suspicious.

I'll be intrigued to see how much of this ends up straight on Ebay at markup. I'm lowkey after a Voyager Prime. Big W in Belmont had their already stocked deluxes at the marked down price but didnt look like anything new was out on the floor.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    None at the Big W Mudgee but they said stock keeps arriving so to check back each day
    I wouldn't even bother mate. Our huge allocation of stock arrived yesterday and put on show this morning. We received 6 boxes of Voyagers, 1 deluxe, 1 Legion and 1 box of the 1 steps. All Voyagers were gone by the time I started work this arvo.

From what I've read it doesn't sound like allocations have been particularly large anywhere.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

All this talk of scalpers makes me wonder...we're smart enough to be discussing this and we're the most likely to to want to buy these from ebay, who in their mind is gonna want to buy a tf5 voyager after all of this from ebay?

Macquarie was cleaned out last night, though they had some deluxes out the back most likely because the website was still showing them as in stock. A staff member did find them but they were still palleted and might be out today .

I noticed that when I was at the store last night, the website didn't even list the voyagers any more.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

bIG w Macquarie has a tonne of deluxes (drift, steelbane, slug, and squeeks), there was one case of voyagers that are now either mine or in my hands for others. there are quite a lot of legends class (Grimlock, bumblebee, megatron and the 3 headed dragon) and a few one steps (cogman, scorn, drift and bumblebee) I grabbed a set of these for the kids to wear out.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I picked up 1x Nitro Zeus and 2x Scorn from Big W Tuggeranong yesterday afternoon. They weren't displayed yet and were out the back. The bloke said they arrived yesterday. They scanned in at $10, so I can only assume that the original catalogue got the deluxe and voyager prices mixed
    I was there today and got Voyager megs for $5

Managed to Score a Voyager Optimus (which I had skipped when first released) and Dlx Beserker from Bigw Kuraby yesterday (thanks to wifey -around 9:30am). She said there was only a few more Berserkers in the dlx size and a few optimus. megs. Hound in the Voyager.

Stopped into Garden City on the way home (around 5:30pm) and found no Voyagers (mentioned above all went to mail orders) Saw Stealbane, Squeeks and Slug in Dlx as well as a bunch of 1 steps and legion size (didnt really bother checking what)

So far I have grabbed
    Optimus - Big W Woden
    Scorn x2 (one for me) - Big W Tuggeranong
    Hound (Also for me) - Big W Woden
    Nitro Zues - Big W Tuggeranong

Majura Park had Megatrons
    Civic had no voyagers but had the deluxes.