Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combiners: Hasbro or Takara ?

The scramble city combiners I'm getting Hasbro stuff. It looks fine, and while the Takara stuff looks better, it doesn't look good enough to justify the cost, unlike Henkei used to.

Devi on the other hand I'm leaning towards Takara due to the elbows and guns. If I can get away with paying around the $200 mark I wouldn't be too fussed.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Yeah I'm finding there's less "superior" deco about the Takara Unite Warriors line, just more geewun. Which is ok if that's your thing, but so far I've preferred the Hasbro decos of most of the releases, and the occasional Takara one I like over the Hasbro isn't worth it to me to get the whole set for one or two figures. If I had the space (and budget) to display both - one combined, one set separate, I'd get both brands, but with a limited budget and space I've been forced to pick one.

Which is ok by me, as unlike the United and Takara Generations lines, there's nonmetallic paint, so no super shiny versions which I did double up on in recent years.

So Hasbro get's my vote, as I don't have to buy the whole team in one hit, and price is usually ok.

If only we get a Hasbro Rook deluxe...

do we know anything about takara's level of involvement with these? some people, especially on the tfw2005 forum seem very vocal about how bad hasbro is at everything and takara is always better. from what we can see apart from groove, hasbro is basically doing everything here and then takara takes it and slightly adjusts paint apps etc. it doesn't seem very fair to say hasbro's version sucks when maybe there wouldn't even be another option without them doing this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

I also just had a thought, what if TT don't release Sky Lynx?
    Then you will be able to find me quietly sobbing in a corner somewhere. I've committed to Takara combiner sets now !

M

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    do we know anything about takara's level of involvement with these? some people, especially on the tfw2005 forum seem very vocal about how bad hasbro is at everything and takara is always better. from what we can see apart from groove, hasbro is basically doing everything here and then takara takes it and slightly adjusts paint apps etc. it doesn't seem very fair to say hasbro's version sucks when maybe there wouldn't even be another option without them doing this line.
    This seems to be the prevailing attitude, grass is greener and all that, but Hasbro releases first, and Takara charges more, so yeah, it's going to be "better."

However I think from memory one company will start the design process (either Hasbro OR Takara) and then it bounces between the two companies in terms of moulding/transformation etc, the each company chooses their own paint budget and designs accordingly. Occasionally one of the companies will do their own thing (see Groove and the Prime Jet Vehicons) that the other can't/won't use, for cost/safety/market reasons.

I believe in this case, Hasbro started the Combiner Wars thing rolling, based on Takara's "surprise" at Alpha Bravo's inclusion.

For me ive decided to combine both... Im getting the Takara sets and everything not released by Takara like the new combiner members, i will go with Hasbro.

If only im not into MPs i would get both.