Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: board game thread

The Game of Dracula was my favourite back in the day. Still have it MIB!

The first player to suffer Dracula's bite becomes the "green vampire" and dons the green vampire's face mask.
    I cut up one of my Transformer tech spec decoders to attach to the eyes of the mask making them red Of course, I would never do that now... being a vintage item and all
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

what about the standard monopoly/ conect4 games that hug the store shelves. which of those are your favourite? what type of games should they make?

I played Zombicide for the first time tonight. So awesome players have to work together as archetype Zombie survivors to complete the mission and escape town. As you kill zombies the players get exp and become more powerful, but so do the zombies.

I played Nick (an added extra from the Kickstarter) a cop who bears a striking resemblance to John McClane, and sure enough he managed to dig up a whole arsenal searching buildings. Dual wielding pistols, being tough and hurling molotov's leaping away in slow motion (at least that;s how I imagined it).

Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    what about the standard monopoly/ conect4 games that hug the store shelves. which of those are your favourite? what type of games should they make?
    To be honest those games weren't even fun when I was a kid. I did however like Horror House. My friend had it and it was a bit of a gimmick game, however there was enough flavour in it to make it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I played Zombicide for the first time tonight. So awesome players have to work together as archetype Zombie survivors to complete the mission and escape town. As you kill zombies the players get exp and become more powerful, but so do the zombies.
    Crap, my friends and I were beginning to make a new boardgame based on Zombie survival and take elements of Arkham Horror, but seems like it'll be too similar to this game sigh Have you played Risk? Thinking about purchasing it soon.

I like Settlers of Catan.. the dynamic board won me.

But for short mind games I like the tile game Six and 4-player Pentago.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

My sister who's in her 50's has never played video games since the Atari 2600, but got addicted to her sons Zelda games back on the N64 and then the Wii. So when I saw this in a shop yesterday I just had to grab it for her:

She's really chuffed! Her sons grown up and lives in Melb now so she's really looking forward to cracking it open and playing it with him next time he comes home to visit