Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manspace: new Aussie TV show about man caves and male collectors

I'm sorry how is having a man cave linked to being a bogan? I generally thought bogans were in the lower socio-economic scale where as some man caves I've seen have a lot of rather expensive memorabilia in it. How is having a man cave full of memorabilia for your favourite sporting team any different to having a room full of toys? As someone who is planning a man cave and I have friends who have man caves I'm offended at the immediate links to being a bogan.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I'm sorry how is having a man cave linked to being a bogan? I generally thought bogans were in the lower socio-economic scale where as some man caves I've seen have a lot of rather expensive memorabilia in it. How is having a man cave full of memorabilia for your favourite sporting team any different to having a room full of toys? As someone who is planning a man cave and I have friends who have man caves I'm offended at the immediate links to being a bogan.
    But you also live in Ulladulla. It's not that much of a stretch
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    But you also live in Ulladulla. It's not that much of a stretch
    Says the man who lives in the city known as "Campbelltown by the sea"

Important note: I have nothing against Wollongong or Campbelltown. Just quoting friends who have lived there

woodrho Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I immediately thought of 'Bogans' when I heard about this show.
    Hi guys, just thought I'd let you know, (as an editor on the show) that although the title is ManSpace this is not a bogan show at all and doesn't focus on sports either. It's very different to any show I've seen before as it just basically gives props to the average aussie bloke who collects things or has a real passion for something. It's actually quite a funny show too!

For those who are interested we even have a guy who has built a huge observatory in his front yard!

Here's the Go! teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENdO...ature=youtu.be

(You can tell that people are doing google searches to see who is talking about their latest projects and programs... as this is like the third person suddenly show up here in the last year after we started talking about something unusual.)

travis099 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (You can tell that people are doing google searches to see who is talking about their latest projects and programs... as this is like the third person suddenly show up here in the last year after we started talking about something unusual.)
    And what's wrong with that? He's only passing on info to people who wrongly think its going to be all about bogans and sport. i've seen the ad on air, looks like it could be a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by travis099 View Post
    And what's wrong with that? He's only passing on info to people who wrongly think its going to be all about bogans and sport. i've seen the ad on air, looks like it could be a good show.
    There's nothing wrong with that but it comes out as fake since it is not a known member who's posting the info but a newbie. Your entire reason for joining this site is to promote this agenda instead of why this forum exists in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by woodrho View Post
    Hi guys, just thought I'd let you know, (as an editor on the show) that although the title is ManSpace this is not a bogan show at all and doesn't focus on sports either. It's very different to any show I've seen before as it just basically gives props to the average aussie bloke who collects things or has a real passion for something. It's actually quite a funny show too!

For those who are interested we even have a guy who has built a huge observatory in his front yard!

Thankyou for taking an interest in our interest in your show. Please ignore all negative commentary as members of our community can have a very bruised mentality regarding their portrayal (or lack of portrayal) in mainstream media.

I for one would like to see Man Caves that contain a healthy mix of interests from the 'bogan' to the 'geeky' and 'intellectual' to outright 'bonkers' as I believe most Australians fall somewhere inbetween in their interests rather than at the extremes.

But please refrain from creating multiple accounts simply to defend and promote your show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Thankyou for taking an interest in our interest in your show. Please ignore all negative commentary as members of our community can have a very bruised mentality regarding their portrayal (or lack of portrayal) in mainstream media.

I for one would like to see Man Caves that contain a healthy mix of interests from the 'bogan' to the 'geeky' and 'intellectual' to outright 'bonkers' as I believe most Australians fall somewhere inbetween in their interests rather than at the extremes.

But please refrain from creating multiple accounts simply to defend and promote your show.
    If this was facebook I would like this post.

Quote Originally Posted by woodrho View Post

I'll give the show a chance, though the comment makes people think that...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    ...which is just reinforced when a comment that reeks of overkill such as...

Quote Originally Posted by travis099 View Post
    ...from a second new account which has only made one single comment and it's in a section that has nothing to do with Transformers on a TF site. It does not come off as neutral but as a deliberate plant. And even though...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that but it comes out as fake since it is not a known member who's posting the info but a newbie. Your entire reason for joining this site is to promote this agenda instead of why this forum exists in the first place.
    ... and though we...

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post

...as it is a nuisance and makes you as the show producers look despererate. Personally...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    If this was facebook I would like this post.
    ...by Lint and share it with others.