Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: CHECK or REMOVE your old BATTERIES

i found this when i open my MP1 ... lucky just caught it in time before it get any worse! he was in the box all this time , 4year since i opened him last.
    So THANKYOU for this thread!!!

Did this early last year and now do it as i get them, highly recommended as it tends to be random of when they leak so just do them all
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I forgot my Device Label Soundwave when I removed my tf batteries. :| better check him when I get time, I don't know where he lives these days.
    As for MP04 I couldn't for the life of me get the battery holder out. Then again, I have trouble opening soda bottles sometimes. I'll have to recruit someone and try again.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I forgot my Device Label Soundwave when I removed my tf batteries. :| better check him when I get time, I don't know where he lives these days.
    As for MP04 I couldn't for the life of me get the battery holder out. Then again, I have trouble opening soda bottles sometimes. I'll have to recruit someone and try again.
    Not sure whether or ot you saw this, or how good you at making out Japanese in instructions, but there is a scan for this very problem right Here. Provided by some helpful citizen
    Actually that's not that helpful... lol, IIRC, when you get to the twisting the matrix box around step in the second pic,(4th I guess) then you should be able to slide the peg out of the bit it is hooked in to with a bit of jiggling.

getting it back in again, well THAT'S another story.

I was finally able to resurrect the voice-box that came with BotCon 2001 Arcee by scraping away enough of the corrosion, and hooking up a new battery. That was one thing I really feared I had lost, as there was significant battery leakage on that one, and they were only button-cells too.
    It was great to hear Arcee's voice once again, after 12 year since I'd heard it last.

After seeing this thread on the front page, I had completely forgotten about the bettiers in the MP figures

I went through all my storage boxes this afternoon to find the MP's that used batteries. All of them had started to corrode But luckily I think they will be ok with a little cleaning. Also found that my MP Ultra Magnus has yellowed really bad

My gen. Metroplex battery just died. No more sounds....

Are the super tiny watch batteries Kids Logic uses prone to leaking? I'd like to keep them in my MN Optimus for play, but I don't like the idea of 18 tiny corrosion time bombs in him.

Hmmm gotta check out the animated leader toys
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Are the super tiny watch batteries Kids Logic uses prone to leaking? I'd like to keep them in my MN Optimus for play, but I don't like the idea of 18 tiny corrosion time bombs in him.
    Check the first post to see if they match the ones photographed.