Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: November Acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Picked up from the post office today, Burning Fallen, JP Beast Era Bazooka (Ankylosaur), and the 3 Titanium 2-packs that were released in America a couple months back (won't be here though) - Rescue Ratchet Vs Blackout, Cliffjumper Vs Dead End, Offroad Ironhide Vs Deep Desert Brawl.

Was bummed that 3 other Movie toys didn't get here before my trip down to Sydney tomorrow (Hoist, Mixmaster & Bludgeon). At least they should be here before the Brisbane meet next weekend. Hopefully.

Pics to come later.
    Any chance of a pic of the Anklyosaur, Griffin? That was always my favourite dinosaur as a young whipper snapper.

FUN!!! So want to get some MPs ><

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    These bad boys arrived yesterday on my birthday, what great timing!

First we have the lovely Justitoys WST Dinobots and secondly MP04 Optimus Prime! Putting the Reprolabels on all the Dinobots took the best part of 3 hours, was great fun.

Thanks toa combination of a birthday gift card and Target price-matching Big W, I managed to pick up ROTF supreme class Devastator for $47.

That's freakin' AWESOME!! <high-five>

Picked up Rotf Autobot Gears...such a nice mode and finally a Transformer that has movable fingers..if they can do it on such a simple mold why cant they do it on all.

Isn't Gears just a repaint of Stockade? As for opposable fingers, they're nice, but not without their limitations. First of all it would mean more moving parts which would make it more costly (remember that Hasbro budgets every last drop of paint!). Stockade may have opposable digits, but he doesn't have any accessories/weapons. And speaking of which, I find that to be the greatest weakness of Transformers with movable fingers -- they don't have "kung fu grip." i.e.: none of them can hold onto a weapon adequately enough and they tend to drop their weapons when you play with them. One way to compensate for this is to use a peg-hole like they do with Binaltech/Alternators... but I find that this system still doesn't provide a grip as strong as a solid hand. It's a moot issue with Stockade since he doesn't come with any accessories to hold, but I can understand why HasTak wouldn't want to do this with every Transformer toy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Isn't Gears just a repaint of Stockade? As for opposable fingers, they're nice, but not without their limitations. First of all it would mean more moving parts which would make it more costly (remember that Hasbro budgets every last drop of paint!). Stockade may have opposable digits, but he doesn't have any accessories/weapons. And speaking of which, I find that to be the greatest weakness of Transformers with movable fingers -- they don't have "kung fu grip." i.e.: none of them can hold onto a weapon adequately enough and they tend to drop their weapons when you play with them. One way to compensate for this is to use a peg-hole like they do with Binaltech/Alternators... but I find that this system still doesn't provide a grip as strong as a solid hand. It's a moot issue with Stockade since he doesn't come with any accessories to hold, but I can understand why HasTak wouldn't want to do this with every Transformer toy.
    I dont know if hes a repaint, I never saw Stockade so i dont know...I see your point about the movable fingers.I guess you cant have both moving fingers and accessories/weapons without making them more expensive to make.I still like it

Yep gears has a different head mold only from what Ive seen in Pics.... but then sometimes wihth a new paint apps those "alien" head molds look the same to me .
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

nah same mold, same with amourhide/blue truck 2 pack. as in all the molds from first movie go into this moive line up unchanged because enough time has passed between the lines sort of thing i believe

3rd gears, good paint apps..finally
    Last edited by Autocon; 22nd November 2009 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    nah same mold, same with amourhide/blue truck 2 pack. as in all the molds from first movie go into this moive line up unchanged because enough time has passed between the lines sort of thing i believe

3rd gears, good paint apps..finally

Hmmm buncha lazy @$#%$. Ah well at least the mold works for this character and does not feel forced....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]