Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pete from BotCon answering questions

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It's a real shame that such a fraudulent and dodgy organisation can have Hasbro's official endorsement. Makes me loose faith on both.
    Good luck getting Hasbro to care. I wrote them a complaint letter on that very subject a while back and they never gave me a response

It's here for anyone interested: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17719

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For those of us who are completists and go to BotCon, it's a necessary evil to be a member.
    It is tough (very tough for completionists) but i get a joy from buying most FP figures 2nd hand. The club gets none of my money this way. I have bought through FP members sometimes but i am often not comfortable with this and don't proceed to ask. I do cherrypick my figures and a few i missed now sit in UnobtainiumLand (along with HasTak releases) but a suprising number are still affordable. This year i placed a RK order during BotCon to catch up on other non-club missed figures.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Good luck getting Hasbro to care. I wrote them a complaint letter on that very subject a while back and they never gave me a response

It's here for anyone interested: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17719
    That's my point exactly - They don't care despite the Club clearly being fraudulent or at the very least, criminally incompetent as they are ripping off people.

Goes to show that an official label these days isn't necessarily the best or a good thing.

So much for any questions regarding important things like overcharging internationally. The whole transparency thing is completely backfiring here.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Well I got a response. This is what I asked:

Quote Originally Posted by BigTFTrev View Post

Sorry to quote myself but I never recieved answers to the questions I posed six days ago so thought I would ask them again.

1. Why did we recieve an email a while back asking us to help crowd source for some theatre in the US? I found this to be a gross misuse of our confidential information for the Funpub staffs own agenda.

2. Why is the bi-monthly magazine becoming more and more a second rate comic book rather than imparting information about upcoming TF toys and toylines, TF video games, cartoons, movies etc? I subscribe to a magazine for information and articles, if I wanted a comic book I'd buy a comic book. It seems this comic uses up more and more pages of the magazine every year leaving less room for interesting info to be imparted.

3. I originally joined the club (for the 2nd time after letting my first membership lapse) so as to access the TFSS 1.0. However after doing so I was informed the subscription service had ended. Why has this not been rectified? One should not have to join the club in order to press the TFSS button (which wont let you in unless you are a member), or cycle through months and months of back messages on the main page, just to find the service is no longer available.

4. To reiterate some questions already posed and unanswered by other people here, why are the services to Australia so expensive? I now have all of the TFSS 1.0 figures which I obtained through BBTS, and have paid my full subscription to Funpub for TFSS 2.0. I can assure you that it did indeed work out cheaper to get the figures through a 3rd party than to get them from you directly. Is it possible to get more transparancy in regards to how much the shipping is actually costing? Otherwise it just seems that we are getting overcharged on postage and the club is pocketing the difference.

Thank you in advance for answering these questions.
    And this is the response I got:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete@BotCon View Post
    I don't like answering questions when you call my writing 2nd rate :wink:

Very angry and dissapointed, and I don't think doing a wink at the end justifies the response. This has pretty much made me want to let my membership lapse

You struck out and i believe i will be in the same boat. It almost appears he finds a reason not to reply to the sticky questions. Being upfront is clearly many peoples preference but it is not his and/or FunPub's. It all really does his PR guru image no good.

The best answer on international shipping charges so far is "I'll look into it" in response to griffin's irrefutable fact-o-mountain a few days ago.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 15th September 2014 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    You struck out and i believe i will be in the same boat. It almost appears he finds a reason not to reply to the sticky questions. Being upfront is clearly many peoples preference but it is not his and/or FunPub's. It all really does his PR guru image no good.

The best answer on international shipping charges so far is "I'll look into it" in response to griffin's irrefutable fact-o-mountain a few days ago.
    Yeah I saw you ask him if he was gonna have a beef with everyone who asks about the shipping rates - good on ya mate

I've responded to him - will see if it just gets ignored

I will try stay silent on international costs for a week now *gulp* I wish he would simple reply "still looking into it" or "more info on this next week" but i'll give them time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah I saw you ask him if he was gonna have a beef with everyone who asks about the shipping rates - good on ya mate

I've responded to him - will see if it just gets ignored
    A great response, Trev. (Although in terms of Question 2, I actually prefer their second-rate comic to their ninth-rate journalism. )

If he doesn't like negative comments about the stories he writes or edits, I don't think he'll answer my questions now, after saying that I found this year's BotCon comic to be too confusing for the first half, and the worst so far (because I had to read it a second time just to understand most of it). Too many obscure elements that should be in the background, and it attempts to tie in too many continuities and past characters.
    Logically one comic has to be the worst... for me, I just felt that this was it, and I even gave a reason so that it wasn't just an "I hate it" complaint.