Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU Canada listings: Plat. Ed. CNY Starscream, YOTH Prime & Grimlock v Bruticus

Yeah, there's never been a TF rooster. There should be. But any birdformer would do. Makes sense than say yet another Optimus Prime or other G1 character who bears absolutely no relevance to the Zodiac animal.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Probably a good thing that the current Lunar Zodiac line isn't very good - imagine waiting 12 years just to complete the line
    But isn't that what they're doing now? First they had the Year of the Dragon Optimus Prime, now the Year of the Snake Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme, now the Year of the Horse toys for next year... but the way they're doing it just seems to be, "Grab a random big expensive toy and slap it with a repaint and exclusive box." Care factor zilch, except for Omega Supreme only because he's an approximation of WFC Omega Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But isn't that what they're doing now? First they had the Year of the Dragon Optimus Prime, now the Year of the Snake Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme, now the Year of the Horse toys for next year... but the way they're doing it just seems to be, "Grab a random big expensive toy and slap it with a repaint and exclusive box." Care factor zilch, except for Omega Supreme only because he's an approximation of WFC Omega Supreme.
    That might be what they're aiming for, but is it how it's being perceived by its audience?

I'm assuming only adult collectors would have the patience to wait it out, spend $200-300 a year on repaints with big packaging, and have a dedicated area to keep that packaging safe for that duration. Big focus on packaging as aside from the outstanding retooling they did on Omega, no other figs so far has gotten the same love (thus far).

There's no consistency between the toys aside from being big, so how will that look like on a premium shelf/display case?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I missed nothing then........sigh.......For once I will want beast wars instead if this is the case. all the rubbish rumours about mp.

Is it confirmed exactly? I thought it was platinum.

Well that sucks...

Though this is tempting as the wheels of mine have split, i'm still gonna treat this like omega supreme and fatimus...purchased only if found locally.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    but the way they're doing it just seems to be, "Grab a random big expensive toy and slap it with a repaint and exclusive box." Care factor zilch, except for Omega Supreme only because he's an approximation of WFC Omega Supreme.
    Agree. They just wanna cash in on the growing Asian market. A 12-zodiac gift set does sound tempting though

Super Fire Convoy doesn't fit the description on the TRU website but could be they took the MP10 description there as a placeholder for the time being.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Putting horse markings on Megatron MP gun handle would be a seller for me. lol
    kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Agree. They just wanna cash in on the growing Asian market. A 12-zodiac gift set does sound tempting though

Super Fire Convoy doesn't fit the description on the TRU website but could be they took the MP10 description there as a placeholder for the time being.
    Isn't the only connection people are making is the release, which you honestly cannot make any connection to IMO. Just because 2 things are being released and are versions of Convoy/Optimus, doesn't mean that it's confirmed for them to be the same.

I will what Optimus is when I see actual pictures, myself, with a grain of salt for the time being, as the TFW-goers say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I will what Optimus is when I see actual pictures, myself, with a grain of salt for the time being, as the TFW-goers say.
    It's not a TFW thing, taking something with a grain or pinch of salt is a commonly used idiom in English.