Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription Jackpot is the 5th figure now out

Default Subscription Jackpot is the 5th figure now out

The fifth figure to start reaching subscribers is Jackpot, leaving (as expected by everyone) Ultra Mammoth as the last figure in this set.

And don't forget - for those wanting to pre-order the second series, the cut-off date is only 4 days away (17th October).

Geez, I only just got my Breakdown this last week.

Thanks for the reminder Griffin, need to shift some money around for that "Early" purchase
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

For some reason I thought the cut off was the 14th so was panicking yesterday arvo when I remembered and thought that I may of missed out Fortunately when I logged into the collectors site I see that it is the 17th +with the time difference even if it was the 14th I had plenty of time

I'm quite impressed and looking forward to this line up as I only picked up slipstream and scourge from the last one. Something that frustrates me a bit though is that I see Breakdown is available for individual sale on the TFCC store but the postage is $42 US twice what it should be for a toy that size yet after I signed up for the subscription wave 2 I see it is only $17.95 shipping per figure What's with that Funpub??

Where does it say that the cut off date is the 17th? I am thinking of becoming a member again but it sounds expensive and the site is very confusing. So, if I pay the $80+ subscription I get 1 figure (Rampage) and have to pay for the rest (Chromedome, Barricade etc)? Also how much is the 2nd subscription (Transmutate?). And will my credit card info be stolen again? If someone can explain the whole thing in common sense, I would much appreciate it.

That's about right.

you have to buy a club membership. that gets you the free figure which is Rampage.
    During the year the club will make the exclusive club figure available for purchase which is Transmutate next year. That will be extra and only available to club members at first.

Once you have a club membership you are then eligable to sign up for the club subscription service which I mentioned in anotehr thread is just over $400 US. this includes 6 figures plus the extra secret "free" 7th figure which will be shipped with the 6th figure. it includes the cheapest shipping option and the optional insurance.

I have a visa Debit card attached to a seperate account that is at a seperate institution from all my other money. that is what I use for online purchases. you could try that except you probably won't have time to set that up before thursday night.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    And will my credit card info be stolen again?
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's about right.
    Hehehe...

One thing UM alluded to in his last paragraph, is the time it will take to join. You only have a couple days left to pre-order this Subscription set, but the Club can make you jump through many hoops to register as a member... including, faxing a photocopy of your credit card, to prove that you have it in hand (not to prove that it is your card... just that you have that particular card in your possession ).

More details can be found here... and some rough prices (depending on how many sets you want to order) can be found here and here and here.

But the more sets you buy, the cheaper they are (thanks to FunPub's overcharging of shipping).
    With Shipping and their $4 fee...
    One set equals US$64.92 per toy (including the pair of Rewind and Eject as one toy).
    Two sets equals US$59.41 per toy.
    Three sets equals US$57.57 per toy.

Looks like the best saving is with two sets (one to keep, one to sell)... and up until a point, it will still get cheaper per toy with the more sets you buy.

Also note that Insurance is about US$30 for the total order, so if you pay for insurance, it will also be cheaper per toy if you buy extra sets.

If only their toys and postage weren't so expensive, these things would be great to bulk buy and sell off here and on ebay... I mean really, AU$70 for a Deluxe? How can they justify US$46 per toy (before shipping) to Americans who pay US$13-15 for the original version of those moulds. They don't come in fancy packaging, so that offsets the increased paint apps cost. These things cost less than US$5 to produce and ship to America (for Hasbro America and US Retailers to both make a profit on a US$12 toy)... which means FunPub would be getting their uncarded figures delivered to their door for less than US$10 each.
    And since they are made-to-order, they don't even need to factor in unsold stock into their profit margin.
    Price-gouging much?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    ........And will my credit card info be stolen again? .....
    They promised military style encryption on their new store website so I think the only way you'll get your credit card info stolen now is if Soundwave Hacks it

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

If only their toys and postage weren't so expensive, these things would be great to bulk buy and sell off here and on ebay... I mean really, AU$70 for a Deluxe? How can they justify US$46 per toy (before shipping) to Americans who pay US$13-15 for the original version of those moulds.......Price-gouging much?
    The prices are definitely frustrating, but funpub know they have us TF addicts by the chrome plated bearings and we will still want to buy them Looks like funpub learnt there pricing skills from Apple

Thanks for all the info guys. But decided its all too hard and risky IMO.

Anyone got an idea if Jackpot is going to crop up in the Collectors Club store?