Thread: IDW Dark Cybertron #1 preview

Default IDW Dark Cybertron #1 preview

Not being one who follows the current comics... at least, not as they are being released... I'm guessing that this "chapter 1" issue of the 12 part Dark Cybertron story is not a RID or MTMTE issue. More like a stand alone issue to introduce the other parts that will still be numbered as RID and MTMTE.

(because I couldn't find an issue number or name for either of those two series)

Anyway, for those keen on jumping on board at this time, for the next big chapter of IDW's Transformers, a preview of this issue has been released, and the comic should be out in stores this week.

Haven't quite decided if I will buy this crossover as single issues or digitally. I've got all the MTMTE issues but buy the trades too. This seems like a RID story more than a MTMTE one but having only half the story in physical format would be silly. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Haven't quite decided if I will buy this crossover as single issues or digitally. I've got all the MTMTE issues but buy the trades too. This seems like a RID story more than a MTMTE one but having only half the story in physical format would be silly. Hmm.
    It's more of a recap/ catch up/ introduction for new readers than an actual issue.

I'll grab it for the art and in the hope of seeing some more hints at what DC will be about. After the preview, more Dead Universe and Ore 14 will be an interesting (and probably annoying) mix to launch future stories after the event.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Decided to go and get it. But yeah, lots of recap and introductions but the plot finally gets going and characters end up where they need to be.

If you've not read RID/MTMTE you could pick this up and go with it. If you do read either series I think you will want this otherwise the next issues of both books are going to start in the middle of action that will leave you confused.

Also 12 parts? This is a long crossover. Hope it's interesting to take up a whole five issues of two series.

And a surprise appearance by a familiar face that I won't spoil. At least I think it's who I think it is....
    Last edited by Paulbot; 7th November 2013 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And a surprise appearance by a familiar face that I won't spoil. At least I think it's who I think it is....
    If it is the one on the inside back cover, you would be very correct.

This issue was great, rally wrapped things up into a neat little package ready for new readers and long time readers alike. Lots of name drops.

Only thing I was not a fan of was the last shockwave page, where he revealed something about the hierarchy of operations that did not sit well with me.

Turns what we saw in Shadowplay into a confusing huh?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)