Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong ToysRUs freebie exclusive comic

Default Hong Kong ToysRUs freebie exclusive comic

They probably have lots of freebie items in HK, but one caught my eye that might interest others. An original Beast Hunters comic, that features the cartoon characters drawn as Beast Hunter toys... including Megatron and Optimus, so is not part of the cartoon universe.
    I never knew this existed (I couldn't find any mention of it here, or on tfwiki). It's done by IDW, so there should hopefully be an English version somewhere.

(pics are only temporary while I'm overseas, so they might only be up for a few weeks - please mirror them if this is news-worthy)

Beast Hunters exclusive comic - free with any TFs purchase at HK ToysRUs.

The comic story is 10 pages (plus a cover and a credits page), written by John Barber, art by David Daza, and colours by Thomas Deer. It's completely in Chinese (and reads backwards), but I couldn't see any credit for the translation (unless of course, Barber is fluent in that language).
    A sample of the interior...

I don't want to scan up the entire thing, due to it being a current (licensed) item, which may well be a promo item in other countries. But if it never sees a release outside of HK, or no one else from HK posts up scans within a few months, I might... just to share this original BH comic story.

Also available...

Construct-Bots collector tin/carry case - if you spend more than HK$400 on Construct-Bots. (they just got in Predaking for HK$399.90 - so just another item with it gets you the freebie)

Kreo display base-plate - if you spend more than HK$200 on any Kreo.

The translation was probably done by Hasbro HK.

can we purchase from TRU HK? are the prices any good after shipping?

So the Kre-o base plate is just a base plate? no features of any kind?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If you're able to pick up a few, I know there would be people who would love a copy, Japanese language barrier not withstanding
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    If you're able to pick up a few, I know there would be people who would love a copy, Japanese language barrier not withstanding
    I thought the comic was in Chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    can we purchase from TRU HK? are the prices any good after shipping?
    Probably not... and the prices are similar to ours, so it is better sourcing from an American source if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    So the Kre-o base plate is just a base plate? no features of any kind?
    Yep, just a square base plate. The packaging was fancier than the base-plate.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I thought the comic was in Chinese?
    Yes it is in Chinese, but I think his point was that no matter what language it is in, people would want it for being unique (if it doesn't ever get an english release).

Sorry, my bad about the language. I'm not very good at pictograph languages and don't know my mandarin from my kanji

If you do happen to get another one Griffin, or have access to it, I'm happy to shout you the required toy purchase if its Deluxe or Legends class figure. I really love the IDW promo comics from War/Fall for Cybertron and the Target exclusive movie figures.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

If there isn't an official English language version, perhaps some Chinese speaking members here could help out with a fan-made scanlation?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If there isn't an official English language version, perhaps some Chinese speaking members here could help out with a fan-made scanlation?
    I am happy to try but my Chinese reading ability isn't so great anymore.