Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Kreo Wave 2 revealed

Oh no! This isn't what I intended at all! My apologies for any seemingly dick-ish response. Totally unintended.

Come back with something concrete that says they have lost the rights to the name 'Dreadwind' and I will happily concede that you are correct, even if it is just from a guess. If not I'd appreciate it if you stop talking like you have the answers and bluntly telling folk they are wrong. I could be the one that is wrong quite easily, and will happily admit if I am since I am only making an educated guess.
    I tried looking for Dreadwind on the US Trademark Office site but he doesn't come up at all... but that doesn't neccessarily mean anything because that site's weird. (Dreadwing shows up though)

So no concrete evidence here. :/ Just logic based on all of the other "old dudes with the wrong name" issues we've had over the years. (There's been a lot of them) We're all making educated guesses when it comes to this stuff. That's why they pay Lawyers crazy amounts of money to sort it out.

Oh, and in regards to your point. There was 19 years between Skyquake toys and they didn't loose that trademark so while a 6 year gap certainly is enough time to loose the rights to the name 'Dreadwind', it also certainly is by no means proof that is what happened
    Maybe! Trademark law is weird. Hasbro used the name Skyfire during Robots in Disguise, lost it during Armada and then couldn't use it during Energon. Weeeeeeird.

It seems likely to me that Hasbro can't use Dreadwind because they lost the name and Dreadwing is the next best thing. That makes more sense to me than not calling him Dreadwind... because. That's just my guess though.

Anyway, sorry for causing any problem. Let's pretend the whole thing never happened. I'm out!

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Oh no! This isn't what I intended at all! My apologies for any seemingly dick-ish response. Totally unintended.

Anyway, sorry for causing any problem. Let's pretend the whole thing never happened.
    No prob mate, thanks for clarifying. Karmic balance is realigned and peace is restored etc