Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Electronic Music Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    macs dont do expansion >_>
    Dafuq? USB it is then I guess.

Just discovered this Salem remix of Britney Spears' Til the World Ends...So goddamn good! Off to see oOoOO and Lapalux in a little bit.

new update for traktor came through today
    i know what im going to be doing tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    new update for traktor came through today
    i know what im going to be doing tomorrow
    Driving your traktor around the bass farm?

all around the bass farm :P

hey Blackie. i was thinking about getting into it a bit more, but i'm not sure whether to update the cdj's or get something like traktor or serato and use the old decks..
    with your traktor do you use decks with time-coded vinyl or do you have a midi-controller of some sort.

im using a traktor kontrol s2, ie this

Its a dedicated midi controller

if i had my time again, and a fair bit more money id prob have opted for CDJ's with timecoded cds and get myself a small effects unit or similar (ie a NI X1 or even the new F1) only because CDJ's are the industry standard and if i ever end up playing in a club chances are ill have to use them

but the midi controller does have its advantages, such as being able to remap the whole thing to how i like it (or in my case use someone elses maps because im lazy) and change things such as what the jog wheels do (mine can do both scratching/searching and also control effects) which is a nice touch

and mine takes up sfa space :P

hmmmm. i didn't think bout time cd's. but your right if you are ever gonna play anywhere thats most likely what your going to be behind..
    well, i'll need to buy 1 cdj then and traktor. thinking about it , traktor should work on cdj's and vinyl yeah? it's just the time code vinyl and or time code cd's i'll have to buy as extras....
    actually.. this might be a stupid question.. you have all your tracks on the lappy. the lappy is plugged into the mixer, are you still going to use both decks and the mixer as per normal or is the laptop now the mixer. cause you can only plug your laptop into 1 channel. and if so, if i didn't have one of those s2's is all the mixing/fading/eq done via the mouse?

to use the timecode CD's you need something such as the traktor audio 2. it interprets the sounds from the CDJ's/timecode cd's and makes it work with traktor.

yeah all my tracks are on my laptop, laptop is connected to the S2 by a usb cable and the s2 is connected to my speakers. the s2 is a midi controller, so what it actually does is control the traktor program, so you can either use the s2 or your mouse if you really wana lol

its not an actual mixer as the only line in is a mic input, all input is via USB via laptop.

if any of that makes sense XD

Also you perth people should go see dirtyphonics
    they rocked melb last time they were here, i missed it, but im not missing it this time.
    the night is run by a group that i scored some free tix off for one of theyre melbourne shows, look up loaded dice on fb if your interested

tttttripple post

this was my night

noone wanted to go listen to dub and weather was balls so stayed home and put together an hour set

apart from a few stuffups with the play button im very very happy with this one