Page 13 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    WFC not game toys though are they?. Blindbox figures gives me some hesitation
    This WFC is completely separate from the Aligned Continuity WFC. They are not game based.

Also if they do loot boxes after calm down from spitting profanity at Hasbro I will be hitting ebay for the set. When I want a full set of blind pack Lego figures I hit up ebay because someone always buys a few boxes, opens every packet in the boxes and sells complete sets for a small markup.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The cynic in me says the ROTF MPM figure will be Grindor.
    The utter cynic in me says that it'll be Grinder. *swipes left ... left ... left ... right ... left*

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    This WFC is completely separate from the Aligned Continuity WFC. They are not game based.
    Yes, War For Cybertron is the next Generations Trilogy to follow on from the Prime Wars Trilogy.... it doesn't sound like it will have anything to do with the previous WFC series/era (similar to how the recent RID series had nothing to do with the 2001 RID series).

The majority of customers would only buying Transformers for a child for about 1-5 years, so recycling of series names beyond 10 years, wouldn't be a problem for Hasbro or their customers (the Retailers).

More rumours about 2019 from the same source as the previous posting...

Transformers Generations: War For Cybertron

• WFC Voyager: 6 Characters across 4 Waves
    • WFC Leader: 3 Characters across 2 Waves
    • WFC Micromaster: 11 Characters across 4 Waves
    • WFC Battle Master: 10 Characters across 4 Waves
    • WFC Deluxe 14 Characters across 4 Waves

Botbots

Previously mentioned ‘Blindboxes’ are not for the WFC line but rather for the Botbots toyline which was identified few months ago as a newly registered trademark. Botbots will consist of (a whopping) 72 Characters across 4 Waves.
    Studio Series

• SS Deluxe: 11 Characters across 4 Waves
    • SS Voyager: 6 Characters across 4 Waves
    • SS Leader: 3 Characters across 2 Waves

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Blindbox figures gives me some hesitation
    These are the bane of my existence at the moment... it is a complete scam aimed at kids to force parents to by multiple of the same thing. Take Mashums for example (parents will understand this), generally there will be 5 to collect in any given set. However each comes individually in a little container that is identical so there is no way to know what one you get. So it takes like 10-15 purchases to get a whole set... and of course kids want the whole set or the one specific one that you just never get... Mashums are particularly bad as they get really grubby and dirty easily do you can't even really sell them on the second hand market...

Maybe this post belongs in the vent thread

Woo hoo micromasters though! SO knew they would bring them back eventually.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    These are the bane of my existence at the moment... it is a complete scam aimed at kids to force parents to by multiple of the same thing. Take Mashums for example (parents will understand this), generally there will be 5 to collect in any given set. However each comes individually in a little container that is identical so there is no way to know what one you get. So it takes like 10-15 purchases to get a whole set... and of course kids want the whole set or the one specific one that you just never get... Mashums are particularly bad as they get really grubby and dirty easily do you can't even really sell them on the second hand market...
    The idea is to trade with others, its why I don't get into these things unless there is a way to identify what's in side (like the last knight's blind bags), the assortment is fine to accept one or 2 purchases, or I got friends to trade with (never happens anymore unlike tazos).

Not that people care much, I see opened blindbags in just about every shop I go to, so in a way they're punishing themselves with this approach unless the cost are so cheap they can account for half a boxes's worth missing LOL

Woo hoo micromasters though! SO knew they would bring them back eventually.
    They're complete anti consumer bullshit. Real life loot boxes.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

These are the bane of my existence at the moment... it is a complete scam aimed at kids to force parents to by multiple of the same thing.

The secret is establishing trading through (ideally) your children's friends and your network of parents. Otherwise the cost to complete, especially those final pieces, expands exponentially as does your number of dupes. Also try eBay for the rare ones - if the line is popular enough it might be carried. I did the same for those blind boxed ugly pet animals (ugglys), though the shipping from America was expensive for something a few centred meters in size.

We should establish a trading thread here for the botbots.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I imagine blind boxes to be the trading cards of the current generation.

FatalityPitt Guest

Not sure what the Battle/Micromasters are going to look like, but according to the list, none of next year's toy lines seem to list Legends or Legion Class figures.

I wonder if this could mean the end of the Legion size class... hopefully not.. Then again, I'm probably the only one here who actually likes Legion figures...

EDIT: Yeah, about the Botbots; I love that there's 72 characters to collect. Wider character selection means we might see some lesser known but cool G1 characters (hopefully it's G1!). My only (first world) issue - the name; BOTBOTS... It's bit corny...