Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJoe AUS Movie and Toy release dates. (spoilers, perhaps)

Default GIJoe AUS Movie and Toy release dates. (spoilers, perhaps)

Recently got the latest issue of the AUS Toy Retailer magazine, and there is a nice article about Hasbro, Transformers and GI Joe in it. I'm breaking up the big news items from the article into 3 different postings - the AUS TFs release dates, the AUS GIJoe release dates, and general overview of the article itself.

GIJoe movie 'will be released in Australia on 6 August, with product in retail by 26 June'.

Both movies being released within 2 weeks, and toys out at the same time - Hasbro AUS is gonna be busy mid 2009.

Also from the article:
    - The GI Joe Movie includes Dennis Quaid as General Hawk, and former Dr Who Christopher Eccleston as Destro.
    - Australia will be the first market in the world to get the brand (product?). (maybe there is a later release in America, the home of GIJoe)
    - Products include, action figures, vehicles, and play sets. Three example figures mentioned are Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes and Timber, his wolf. So could be confirmation that they are also in the movie.
    Last edited by griffin; 15th December 2008 at 03:55 PM.

Did it give any hint as to whether the figures would be 3 & 3/4 inch size ?

August 6th is now officially D'Day for me

I hope there are good vehicles. I've not really gotten into the 25th line due to the boring vehicle assortment. Then again, apparently hard core Joe purists like boring things.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

When's the US movie release date?

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    When's the US movie release date?
    25th june!! and you call yourself a TF fan...out with you

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I hope there are good vehicles. I've not really gotten into the 25th line due to the boring vehicle assortment. Then again, apparently hard core Joe purists like boring things.
    Yeah but the figures are awesome, they wipe the floor with previous JOE lines, I hope the movie figures compare favourably.

While the initial vehicle assortment is pretty dull bar the Vamp, the latter ones have some cooler vehicles like a completely resculpted Water Mocassion, and Sky Hawk

i might have to buy the chris eccleston figure, since Dr Who toys are impossible to get in the colony

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    i might have to buy the chris eccleston figure, since Dr Who toys are impossible to get in the colony
    Pitty the other Dr Who figures aren't "3 3/4" scale though, Its kinda novel all the movie figures Hasbro are doing in that scale, wecould have a when Universe's colide with Indian Jones, GI Joe, Star Wars and Wolverine all in the same scale.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    25th june!! and you call yourself a TF fan...out with you
    I meant for the GI JOE film!

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I meant for the GI JOE film!
    d'oh too many threads open at the same time