Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: July Acquisitions

I was in a similar situation the other day - couldn't decide between the lamborghini or the ferrari so I bought them both
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Last Friday I also found some new RPMs at BigW Garden City - the new Diecast ones.
    They look and feel so much better, making the original plastic ones look like knockoffs. And they are priced at the new lower $4.74, compared to old $8-10 price, making them more competative to Hotwheels/matchbox.

I found 7, but the card backs suggest that there are at least 11 new ones out in the first assortment, which includes 'Metal Heroes', 'Nest' redecos, and 'Stunticon' redecos.

Below are the 7 new diecast ones on the right, compared to 4 similar plastic ones on the left.

Metal Heros series (8)
    1 - Bumblebee (above)
    2 - Jetfire (above)
    3 - Optimus Prime (above)
    4 - Soundwave (missed)
    5 - Barricade (missed)
    6 - Ironhide (missed)
    7 - Sideswipe (above)
    8 - (unknown)

NEST Global Alliance series (3)
    1 - Bumblebee (missed)
    2 - Optimus (above)
    3 - Ironhide (above)

Stunticon series (3)
    1 - Bumblebee (above)
    2 - Barricade (not out yet)
    3 - Lockdown (not out yet)

(other series will come out later)

I think it is good to have a re-release of the main characters in diecast, otherwise these better RPMs still won't sell because they would only be weird redecos or unknown characters.

The downside is that the diecast ones are now too heavy for the Devastator Trackset to launch (which might have been a factor for doing plastic RPMs in the first place). And Jetfire is too wide to fit as well, even with the wings folded up.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I was in a similar situation the other day - couldn't decide between the lamborghini or the ferrari so I bought them both
    LOL I guess the only difference in not being able to decide buying a Lamborghini/Ferrari and either a PS3/X360 is just a measly several hundred thousand big ones!!!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So I figured that I needed a console to play the game... and now that I had both formats of the game, I couldn't decide which console to get - PS3 for $440 or Xbox for $398...

So I bought both...
    Did you buy both consoles new Griffin? I think you can get them cheaper pre-owned ... and did you get the Xbox360S? (they're quite massively improved over the old ones ...) ...

LOL - what a big shopping list - from just buying TF: WFC it blew out into buying consoles, TV, and accessories!!!!

Last Friday I also found some new RPMs at BigW Garden City - the new Diecast ones.
    Oooh!!! I'll have to get these...

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Shout Factory's The Transformers -- Seasons Three And Four DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I was waiting in great anticipation over the course of this week for some Transformers I bought to arrive. Since they were posted by EMS, I made it a point to check their status daily using EMS Tracking. It was fun to see where they are and know how soon I might expect them. On 15 July, the status on the EMS system said "Delivered". So I headed home, with great anticipation and a tinge of excitement I might add, full expecting to see a slip of paper in my letter box telling me to collect my parcel from concierge.

They didn't arrive. This was Thursday.

On Friday, I checked again. Still no slip of paper from concierge.

I sneaked a check on Saturday. Still nothing.

This morning, I got a call from concierge through the intercom. The lady at the other end said "you have 2 parcels waiting for you to collect."

SWEET!

Today's stuff.

Im convinced that you have a time machine! and you just travek back in time and get all this Mint G1 stuff there

So I figured that I needed a console to play the game... and now that I had both formats of the game, I couldn't decide which console to get - PS3 for $440 or Xbox for $398...

So I bought both...
    Yikes! I was indecisive about which console to get for ages but finally chose the PS3 which meant I happily purchased the WFC and ROTF games (during the Dick Smith sale) for the PS3.

I just haven't actually purchased my PS3 yet . But if enough of my stuff gets sold [/Shameless Plug] I will feel comfortable to splash out on a new console.

I find I don't have much time to play video games which is why I'm still holding out. I don't know how you'll find time to play games on two tv-based consoles!

Big thanks to griffin for getting me these two (yes I got two!!)
    Love the deco, the mold and the box. Eventually I shall find room to display them.

couple more parts for my Fort Max......... and some more Menasor parts