Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers Assemble!

That sounds like it should be a team effort, go with a group and take a character each. You're probably right, she did get a heck of a lot of screen time.

My friend started laughing when Thor made his first appearance because I got so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I kinda felt like Captain America seemed to get the most screen time, personally I wanted to see more Thor but that's just me being a Thor fangirl.
    I wouldn't say the Captain got the most. Between a lot of Iron Man and Black Widow and Coulson (and Jarvis and Pepper), it sometimes felt a little like Iron Man 3 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I wouldn't say the Captain got the most. Between a lot of Iron Man and Black Widow and Coulson (and Jarvis and Pepper), it sometimes felt a little like Iron Man 3 to me.
    I kinda forgot about Black Widow when I wrote that so I'm changing my tune, she definitely got the most screen time. I was mostly thinking of Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and The Hulk when writing that. Out of those four, I feel like we saw Captain America and Iron Man the most, with no way near enough love for The Hulk.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Yeah same, I'd kill for a Justice League film like this.
    Hells yeah! That would be Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Crotch Cam!

I really enjoyed how Joss had Mark Ruffalo’s Banner reference the deleted scene from TIH (which was in Ed Norton’s cut of the film, paying a little respect perhaps?) of when he tried to shoot himself in the head in the artic and it failed (if you have the blu-ray go look! Or YouTube)

hulk was so cool lol
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I thought it was great.

I remember reading an interview somewhere in which Joss Whedon had said a major challenge was to try and give the main superheroes equal screen time, so he wouldn't have one or two overly dominant characters. I'd say he largely succeeded, especially given the sheer number of characters.

Saw it today. Loved it.

Sure, the story is relatively simple, but it works. And as others have said, it's difficult to develop a more complex story with an ensemble cast. Dark Knight was able to develop a highly complex story, but you're only working with a single protagonist. The movie does manage to give each of the Avengers some level of character development (which is ever so crucial in driving a story) - some moreso than others, but none of the Avengers were "stagnate." They weren't just caricatures or set-pieces like most of the Transformers were portrayed in Michael Bay's films. There were also some neat fan references like Stark's "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" line, seeing the remaining "A" sign on Stark Tower... and also some nice funny moments, like when Thor's "He is my brother!..." <hears what Loki's done> "He's adopted."; Loki getting pwned by Hulk ("Puny God."); and when Captain America gave orders to the Avengers, he turned to Hulk and said, "Hulk smash." The one line I was waiting to hear but didn't was "Avengers Assemble!" And of course, the obligatory Stan Lee cameo... heh. Then of course we see Thanos at the end.

A good solid action movie.

------------------------------------------
    P.S.: This was the third movie that I took my Iron Man TF along to (the previous two being Iron Man & Iron Man 2).
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 1st May 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    That sounds like it should be a team effort, go with a group and take a character each. You're probably right, she did get a heck of a lot of screen time.

My friend started laughing when Thor made his first appearance because I got so excited.
    Well next time I see the movie I will time Captain America's total onscreen appearance. Will have to go when the cinema isn't busy and sit in an isolated place where I can use my phone to silently time it.

I always knew you were crazy skywarp, but dayum.