Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Result of Recent Japan toy hunt

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    It was more of a "why not" impulse move, the main reason was for toys, saw a few other things as well. Worth going for sure (my wife liked it a lot more than she thought she would)
    Cool, we went for 2 1/2 weeks but it wasn't enough - planning a trip already in 2015 for a month holiday there, so many things to do/see and much more interesting that a holiday in Australia!

Dammit i only just saw your pics.. Would've loved Road Ceaser. And that battlebeast base ting.. and that giant Tetsujin!!!!!
    Wipes the drool from the screen

And original soundblaster and twincast.! and the others
    (Hyperventilating)

I liked reading about Day 6 and meeting up with Linja. I find meeting other fans to be incredibly fun. Meeting with local fans is also interesting because they can offer a different perspective than Western fans and vice versa.

Haha yeah was great to catch up while in Japan.

To clarify I was working in Japan for only 3 weeks and my first trip so I didn't know all the cool places to go see. A few people had recommended Nakano Broadway Mandarkare (prob spelt wrong hehe), and The Shape personally recommended it. So I went along and man that place was truly awesome.

I picked up a whole swag of Dragonballz figures haha, even though I was originally looking for Transformers. I collect mostly Masterpiece and combiners, really digging some of the 3rd party stuff too. (I do have some old G1's particularly combiners)

On the Sunday had the chance to catch up with Shape and his wife in Akihabra and they kindly showed me around to a couple of shops he had spotted some TF's in. I had been to a few of them before but was shown a few I had totally missed. Again Akihabra was another fantastic place to see toys you don't normally see. It was really great to catch up with another collector in the nirvana of TF places Japan thanks again Shape for taking some time out from your holiday!

Anyway I'm back in Melbourne with my haul too, and managed to scrap through with an extra 1.5kg of luggage without being charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Linja View Post
    Haha yeah was great to catch up while in Japan.

To clarify I was working in Japan for only 3 weeks and my first trip so I didn't know all the cool places to go see. A few people had recommended Nakano Broadway Mandarkare (prob spelt wrong hehe), and The Shape personally recommended it. So I went along and man that place was truly awesome.

I picked up a whole swag of Dragonballz figures haha, even though I was originally looking for Transformers. I collect mostly Masterpiece and combiners, really digging some of the 3rd party stuff too. (I do have some old G1's particularly combiners)

On the Sunday had the chance to catch up with Shape and his wife in Akihabra and they kindly showed me around to a couple of shops he had spotted some TF's in. I had been to a few of them before but was shown a few I had totally missed. Again Akihabra was another fantastic place to see toys you don't normally see. It was really great to catch up with another collector in the nirvana of TF places Japan thanks again Shape for taking some time out from your holiday!

Anyway I'm back in Melbourne with my haul too, and managed to scrap through with an extra 1.5kg of luggage without being charged.
    No worries mate! If i hadnt gone past that shop again i wouldnt have found that Megatron! It was transformers "Fate"

An awesome recount of a very drool-worthy trip dude;

I always love when members post these sorts of documented Japanese Toy Store trips as it is just a real joy gazing upon all the wonderful booty said stores contain, seeing G1 anything on a shelf & in volume just bring backs very early lingering memories of my childhood where I would walk past the local toy store a stare at all the awesome Transformers...

An amazing haul you acquired too man; those Dino King figures are very few & far between but the G2 Dreadwing & Smokescreen set are just as awesome in my opinion!

Holy poop!!! I need to go to the places!!!!!!!!!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Japan trips definitely deserve a sticky

Anyone on here who is thinking of going DO IT!!! There are very good deals for flights that are usually put on by Jetstar which aren't as bad as most people say. You will be blown away, not just by the TF and toy side of things but everything else this amazing country has to offer. Great post Shape, I wish I could have been more detailed in my two weeks of madness there :-) But I will be going back soon, perhaps even this year Better start saving.

私は日本が大好き

Don't know if it's correct But blame google if it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    私は日本が大好き

Don't know if it's correct But blame google if it isn't.
    The internet never lies.

The gf is hounding me to go. (she wants to see snow)
    maybe in a year or 2.