Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: April's Automatons

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Now I have a decision to make - to open or not to open I think I'll leave him sealed for now (that box art is sexy ).
    You know, the art doesn't get any less sexy if he's not in it…

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Me too. I was getting down this morning that he hadn't come yet, but I was in for a surprise.
    Wish the chest unit was silver though, but it's still pretty snazzy already.
    It's making me want Screamer SOOOOO bad!!!!
    Cheaper to get Sunstorm. (he is my favorite from the new masterpiece seeker mold, until acidstorm comes out)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Cheaper to get Sunstorm. (he is my favorite from the new masterpiece seeker mold, until acidstorm comes out)
    He looks pretty cool as well.
    Should I put varnish or glue or something on the pegs that connect to the side tailfins so they don't come off?

He looks pretty cool as well.
    Should I put varnish or glue or something on the pegs that connect to the side tailfins so they don't come off?
    Hmm, this is a common problem, and i'm not certain on a good fix for it. My usa edition mp starscream had this issue but it was due to excess paint, which i scrapped off and it stays snuggly in now. I wouldn't use glue on it as it could cause the piece to stay in a permanent position. You could try a tiny bit of varnish and see how that works.

Cool. I'm hooked on Masterpieces now!
    NEED that Hasbro Soundwave.

(Also means I feel worse about Prime)

Cool. I'm hooked on Masterpieces now!
    NEED that Hasbro Soundwave.

(Also means I feel worse about Prime)
    Haha, oh i fear for you, its a very expensive line but most the toys in it are worth it. I recommend you have yourself a rule, like maybe only buy the hasbro toys in the future and avoid takara. Cause i didn't set myself a rule, i ended up buying toys from both lines, and with my OCD, i now have to complete and continue buying from both Takara and Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You know, the art doesn't get any less sexy if he's not in it…

That's very true. I guess I should explain where I was coming from with that statement - if I were to remove him from the box, the only free spot I would have would be in front of the box. This is mainly because I have my collection on display in cabinets and it would take far too much effort to reshuffle everything in order to make room.

Either way, I don't need to make a decision in a hurry. Heck, I've been waiting almost 30 years to own a Fort Max, what's a couple more
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

(packed with some lovely air cushion things too)
    Have you popped them? They're heaps fun to pop! (arguably more fun than bubblewrap )

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Haha, oh i fear for you, its a very expensive line but most the toys in it are worth it. I recommend you have yourself a rule, like maybe only buy the hasbro toys in the future and avoid takara. Cause i didn't set myself a rule, i ended up buying toys from both lines, and with my OCD, i now have to complete and continue buying from both Takara and Hasbro.
    Have you considered just selling either your Hasbro or Takara MPs and just keeping one? I personally have a mix of Hasbro and Takara MPs... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That's very true. I guess I should explain where I was coming from with that statement - if I were to remove him from the box, the only free spot I would have would be in front of the box. This is mainly because I have my collection on display in cabinets and it would take far too much effort to reshuffle everything in order to make room.
    I already reshuffled stuff to make room back in October after I preordered. (and yet I've still yet to receive my toy ) -- how about just opening the toy and then just keeping it loose in box? That way it occupies the same amount of shelf space as the toy would MISB, but you've already opened it to play with. As Trent said, that box ain't gonna get any less prettier if you've opened it or not.

Unlike say, Hasbro MP Thundercracker's artwork... gguuuuhhh...

Delivery man literally slid this to in front of my door.
    Happy for you dude, know you've been eagerly awaiting TCs arrival.
    Look forward to seeing the grand TC shrine when you're done hehe

Yep. Next on the list is probably Encore TC and SW (mainly for TC) or I might save up HEAPS for the Botcon Shattered Glass Thundercracker. (Action Masters paint scheme)