Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, I think it's time to call it....

Default Well, I think it's time to call it....

After some deliberation today, and a few purchased on the way home from work, I think I can finally call it.... It's only taken 30 years, but...

I now have 3000 Transformers.

Not bad for a 31 year old.... Who wasn't old enough to buy G1 as it hit the stores!!!

I had to question it today, some are counted but even I questioned if I should include or not (I didn't in the end.... So my official database is over 3000 entries)

This as been a long hard slog for me. Over the years I've talked with army builders who count 20 of the same character, and get both US and Japanese releases.... So on those points....

In the 3000 I have maybe 10 "doubles"... Off the top of my head, I have 3 red Bumblebees, and 2 yellow cliffjumpers. There are a couple of others... Oh, 1st run error armada sideways, second run correct to tv sideways, and another sealed error version.

I haven't got all the reissues. No TRU ones, only TFC book ones that were hard to find (soundblaster) or different (astrotrain, minibots for bb's head, prime, Megs and insecticons with extra accessories). Also in doing that, I got second soundblaster with the encore rerelease, as it had new tapes, and encore fort max has swords, so is different from my Boxed G1 fort max. But I love combiners, and more so Predaking, so I have G1, reissue with metal and more gold look, and Platinum with extra sword :-D

As for Japan and US series.... I go for the US, except for characters that are only from Japan, or if the toy has a major change. As an example, Armada/Micron Legend I got all US, as most of the line was the same, but I got the minicon pack recolours, and Tidal Wave as he was a completely different colour.... Not slightly different shade, ones PURPLE, ones GREEN!!!! In doing that, a 100 figure line isn't instantly 200 by buying both versions.

And in case I miss counted or something, or someone proves the 2 3D jigsaws shouldn't be counted or something, my US guy is now sitting on about 60 items that weren't counted!!!!! I was going to ship that and have the Kreo 30th set cover the milestone, but then I got a few I wasn't expecting come in....

So.... I figure I might list some items of interest (well to me at least)

First I remember receiving... G1 Predaking for a birthday. (Already had a box full)

My "big box of toys" I went back and counted in 2003.... Worked out I only had 57!

In 2005 I got a present from a friend... A MISB Grand Maximus. Boy he was a joy to sticker!!!

I try to box my bases now, and other large oness.... Have foam and boxes for Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Trypticon, Overlord, Fort Max, Scorponok, Jetfire, Grand Max, Star Sabre, Vic Leo.

That's about it.... Just wanted to share the news a bit.... And wifey will kill me if she knew!!!! So you guys get to find out...

Congratulations, that's a massive milestone. I don't know how many I have but it's no where near that.

it sounds like you have some great memories attached to many of them as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Congratulations!

Fantastic! Can you link to some pictures
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Fantastic! Can you link to some pictures
    Sadly not.... I have 2 kids under 3, so daddy's toys are all packed away at the moment....

Only things out on display are AOE and recent Masterpeices.... Even recent Generations are packed away.

And BW, BM, RiD, Unicron Tril, and Movie 1-3 are all offsite :-(

One day we will buy a house.... And Daddy will have a floor all for his toys!!!

Congrats man, that's an awesome achievement
    That MISB Grand Max as a present is just astounding!

Well done mate, quite an achievement, I reached 1500 in 2004 and then sold up due to needing the money, but my collection had bulk doubles for display in all modes.
    It would be awesome to see all your collection on display.

An Absolutely Awesome Achievement!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Wow misb grand max nice!

3000! Time for some photos, that's a lot of toys for sure. Of course you gotta count those 3D puzzles