Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 20th September 2016, 12:38 AM
Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default Howl's Moving Castle papercraft model (Studio Ghibli) to give away in Perth

It's been a long time between posts, but I've got an unfinished papercraft model of Howl's Moving Castle which I'd like to give to someone who will finish the job!

The backstory:
In 2005 I visited Tokyo, and bought a copy of the HMC papercraft book in person from the Studio Ghibli museum giftshop.
I was absolutely floored by the display model they had on show and I just couldn't resist! I only found out years later how limited it had become and how lucky I was to have a copy.

I started building the model in my evenings and was about 3/4 finished when I left Australia to live and work in the UK for a year or two. I carefully packed it up and left it in storage, hoping to complete it when I was back.

A year or two has turned to 9- now I've permanently moved to the UK and since starting a family here, I can't see that I'll ever have the time to complete the model!
Well at least not until my kids are grown up, but not sure a paper model will last another 20 years in storage :P

So I'd like to give the model away to a fellow papercraft modeller who will finish the job and give the model a good home.

I took the attached photos earlier this year while on holiday in Perth, Western Australia- it's still in perfect condition but is obviously quite fragile.
Ideally there's a papercraft modeller living in Perth who can pick it up in person- does such a person exist on this forum?

Please help me spread the word and find this glorious model a new home!

PS. this thing is huge- about 40-50cm high- much bigger and more detailed than the free Epson model available online.

Old 2nd October 2016, 01:30 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

I hope it goes to a good home.

And I guess that means you aren't coming back to Australia any time soon then.
Old 14th October 2016, 08:52 AM
Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I hope so too but it's proving hard to find someone to take it!

Yeah, I think I'll be in England for the long haul.