Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soundwaves Podcast

Default Episode 3

The best one yet. This episode definitely had the right flow.
    A very enjoyable listen. Also happy to hear my listener question

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    Hi guys. I've just finished listening to Episode 1.

• It was long, but because you guys spoke in an easy-going, casual style, it helped me get through the entire thing.
    • Not your fault or anything but I did find myself tuning out on the non-TFs topics (Predator, Power Rangers... etc). It was a long first episode so maybe that didn't help.
    • I found the talk on TFs toys quite informative.
    • My 2c (I think KalEl brought this topic up at one point): I am one living example of a TFs fan who did NOT grow up with G1, but it is still the series I am most fond of, despite all the errors, etc. so I think there's something about that show that Transfans are drawn to that goes beyond people's personal childhood experiences of it.
    Wait till you get to third ep, much more fun
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I seem to be in the minority but I do think you guys should come up with a new name.

"Shooting the Sh#" is too generic. It's a phrase that doesn't tell you anything about what the podcast is, what it might discuss, who it is.

There's also other podcasts called this or with episodes called this.

And frankly I don't see why you need a swear word in your show name. (I've got no issue with swearing within the show, my favourite podcast, TOFOP, drops the f-word and c-bomb aplenty, but they didn't call their show TOFOC.)

I can't think of an alternative because my mind's a bit blocked at the moment, but just throwing it out there because someone else might have one. Maybe there's a recurring phrase or topic or something from your shows that might make a good substitute name? Something that makes it more meaningful to the listeners? Something that might make people want to take a chance downloading a show in which each episode is feature-film length (and I'm talking James Cameron feature film length!) that "shooting the sh#t" doesn't.

Just listened to the 2nd ep and man that was a metric f**kton of reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I seem to be in the minority but I do think you guys should come up with a new name.

"Shooting the Sh#" is too generic. It's a phrase that doesn't tell you anything about what the podcast is, what it might discuss, who it is.

There's also other podcasts called this or with episodes called this.

And frankly I don't see why you need a swear word in your show name. (I've got no issue with swearing within the show, my favourite podcast, TOFOP, drops the f-word and c-bomb aplenty, but they didn't call their show TOFOC.)

I can't think of an alternative because my mind's a bit blocked at the moment, but just throwing it out there because someone else might have one. Maybe there's a recurring phrase or topic or something from your shows that might make a good substitute name? Something that makes it more meaningful to the listeners? Something that might make people want to take a chance downloading a show in which each episode is feature-film length (and I'm talking James Cameron feature film length!) that "shooting the sh#t" doesn't.
    What are your thoughts on this listeners?
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I don't mind the title, I didn't even know that another podcast had the same name - but there are so many podcasts out there it didn't surprise me much that there was a namesake.

The title does make me giggle as it suggests something coarse but really the show is about toys haha.

Is it too late to change the title? I don't mind it the way it is - the fact that a podcast exists in the first place is good enough for me~!!

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    I agree with Paulbot in that the title is too generic and doesn't give any clue as to what the podcast may be about. Actually the first thing I thought of when I read the title was that it could have something to do with Micheal Bay (probably because his "Shoot for the Edit" forums has a similar sounding name). Otherwise I wouldn't really know what it's trying to convey by shooting the s***. Sorry. But I think it's a minor point and it wouldn't take much for creative people such as yourselves to come up with something different.

Out of interest how did you come up with the title? Is there a good story behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    I agree with Paulbot in that the title is too generic and doesn't give any clue as to what the podcast may be about. Actually the first thing I thought of when I read the title was that it could have something to do with Micheal Bay (probably because his "Shoot for the Edit" forums has a similar sounding name). Otherwise I wouldn't really know what it's trying to convey by shooting the s***. Sorry. But I think it's a minor point and it wouldn't take much for creative people such as yourselves to come up with something different.

Out of interest how did you come up with the title? Is there a good story behind it?
    myself and hursticon were brainstorming names. Talking sh#t about toys, then one of us said "shooting the sh#t about toys" hence shooting the sh#t: the toy podcast.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Megatron Guest

Ah ok. Well to be fair the full title does make it clearer (Shooting the Sh#t: the Toy Podcast). I don't mind it really. I think if you guys are happy with it then it's fine. Either way I'm looking forward to listening to Episode 2 tomorrow at work.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    I'll be honest, I am not too hot on the title either. I also found it a bit too generic and the swear word on the title did at first give off the wrong impression when I first heard it as I wasn't even sure if this was a toy related podcast (I also thought it was something Bay related). Then some time later, I decided to open the thread and read about it and learned what it actually is.

I have gotten used to the title now so I don't mind it if it continues and I have also noticed other toy podcasts with odd random titles so this sort of thing seems to be the norm. Anyways, don't mind if the title stays and don't mind if it changes.