Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Australia up and running

Default Amazon Australia up and running

Nothing very interesting at this stage for us though.... A tiny selection of TFs and very overpriced.

Yeah those prices are not good!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Amazon is just that thing full of generic cables and gadgets from chinese sellers isn't it? lol.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So far tf wise only 2 things stand out and not price wise, the movie bumblebee 3 pack and optimus prime evolution 2 pack

https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...mers+evolution

https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...ormers+optimus

The gundam listings seem competitive though so I guess I can rekindle my model building hobby without leaving the house again lol

funny, I didn't find any of the Gundam prices any good. $45 for an RG kit and $30-$40 for HG kits are way overpriced.

Any examples?

The WFC/Titans OPtimus 2 pack is coming in at 70.47, but is cheaper on the amazon.com site. Sad.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

So how is this working at the moment? Are these items actually sold by Amazon and shipping from a warehouse here? Or are they from other 3rd party sellers like you see on the regular Amazon site?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    funny, I didn't find any of the Gundam prices any good. $45 for an RG kit and $30-$40 for HG kits are way overpriced.

Any examples?

...oh dear, that was all there is it seems.

Comparable to the local shops I have to me at least but can't beat what I get from overseas I'm afraid, better suited for those who want to support the local sellers I guess

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    So how is this working at the moment? Are these items actually sold by Amazon and shipping from a warehouse here? Or are they from other 3rd party sellers like you see on the regular Amazon site?
    Check the "sold by" item. Quite a few things I looked at were sold by Amazon Australia. There are warehouses in Australia (one in Dandenong for example).

But I also saw somethings from other sellers - including BookDepository - which I believe is connected to Amazon... The book I saw was cheaper to buy from BookDepository's site though by about $40!

Looks like there is only two actual Transformers toys still available from Amazon AU... the rest are all by 3rd party sellers, which explains the high prices for most of the items when searching Transformers in Toys and Games.

Don't forget, that just like in America, their prices are slightly more than retail, to pay for the free shipping most orders are eligible for.
    And if Amazon AU are getting their stock from Hasbro AU (like Amazon US gets their stock from Hasbro US), then the Amazon AU prices will be based on Australian retail prices, because unless they get a special price from Hasbro, they can't go too much cheaper and still pay for postage on top of it.

Their popularity in America is the huge range and the fast, free shipping... which may end up being here too, after a while building up their inventory, but cheap prices aren't guaranteed - even on Amazon US, where it only looks cheaper to us, because our retail (and wholesale) prices are a lot more than over there.
    The real cheap prices (on Amazon US) usually only come from pre-orders, discounted older stock, or their automated pricing that adjusts the price when a 3rd party seller is discounting.

On the plus side, if Amazon AU grows to be a big retailer here (like in America), then they can start putting pressure on the wholesalers/importers/distributors (like toy companies) to bring their wholesale prices in line with the US (when converted to the same currency). When you have the wholesale prices in Australia being close to the Retail prices in America (when taking into account taxes and exchange rate), then that difference of about 40% needs to go, and Amazon has the power to force distributors here to do that, because they don't want to lose business to their foreign branches now that they are set up here.
    (the risk though, is Amazon AU might have other Amazon sites in other countries block Australian customers, just to make sure the new venture here gets a better foothold in this country early on)