0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Finished both Autobot and Decepticon campaigns and was really disappointed.

SINGLE PLAYER

-Voices acters are probably doing the best they can, but the script is terrible and i feel the casting was just weird. I would have liked the original voice actors from G1 for the roles but there's no point talking about that further.

-Gameplay is straight foward, shoot this, open that door/control and continue on. The flying stages were probably the best as it offered a lot of freedom in movement. though it annoys me that flying vehicles are the only ones to have unlimited ammo in both machine guns and rockets yet land vehices dont.

Stage design was really good. but the obstacles you have to overcome to get from point A to B gets boring and repetative. weapon design is avaerage - the worst weapon for me was the grenade launcher. in tank mode the cannon can even miss at point blank which always pisses me off.

Boss battles felt very lacking - like they were missing command prompted action sequences.

in the end, i played the campaign only to unlock the 2 characters arcee and slipstream and just wanted to go play multiplayer.
    the campaign is also short for about 6-10hrs depending on difficulty.

I do not recommend this game purely for single player - especially at full retail.

MULTIPLAYER

I've played about 2 nights worth - mostly against dkaris and it is really fun. There are four classes to customize. The colour selection sucks.

The multiplayer lobbies are terribly designied. you cant edit options or choose teams. there are no mini maps so finding your friends and enemies can be difficult sometimes making it hard to tell where battles are from the sound. i try to ear headphones to make it easier to tell but it doesnt help much.

so far i've only played Team Death Match so i wont comment on the other modes.

Escalation mode is different from multiplayer in that you team up for survival mode. you cant choose to start as autobots or decepticons or at least i havent found the option to do so.

the biggest problem is there is no offline multiplayer.

I am betting on future DLC like maps and character skins. I saw dead end in the concept art as well as a few other characters that i did not recognise.

FINAL SCORE

7/10 overall.

I picked up the game last night and played it for about an hour (after the 20 min install ).

Still haven't made my mind up about how good this game is based on the fact that I only played it for about an hour. For me, if a game is great, I find it hard to put it down e.g. Uncharted. I didn't have any problems switching off my PS3 after a brief session.

I'll give it more of a chance this weekend when I have more time to myself. From what I have heard / read, it becomes more engrossing as the story continues.

I will say this though - for the price that I picked it up for ($59 from JB), it's a win-win situation.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

IGN gave War for Cybertron a score of 9

Video Review

Saw a picture of Ramjet you can download for the DS, but probably not in this country. Does anyone know if we can download stuff like this for our DS's here? I know in the US they have 'download sites' in stores you can get them from, but do we have anything like that here?

Edit: I think you can unlock him in the Decepticons game. I do say I like the look of him.

Thanatos, I agree with pretty much everything you've written, but for a few exceptions.

I've finished both campaigns on normal difficulty and I have to say I did really like it. Although I managed to do it in 2 days, I think its a game that I am likely to play again, or go through and try to get all the achievements. I liked the gameplay, weapons, designs etc. Playing as the jets was amazing, but that said there wasn't really much you could do with them (I wanted backflips and stuff haha but maybe that would be a bit much). The world designs I found to be so rich though that I got lost at times but they are pretty damn cool. I wasn't so sure about the shooter's view though, took me a while to get used to being side-on to the crosshairs rather than straight on like other shooters I'm used to. But it does add another dimension to the gameplay.

Overall, I really liked it. My only gripe is the multiplayer, and its a big gripe seeing as its such a huge part of the game. IMHO, and I'm sorry if anyone takes offence to this, but it seems to me like the designers created the multiplayer for people who have no friends play alone, and/or with anonymous people on the internet. It seems to me, in the case of Xbox 360 anyway, like they took a huge risk making it only possible to play multiplayer with friends IF you have 1) an xbox/console each, 2) a game each and 3) a xbox live gold membership. There's a fair bit of money needed here if you want to have, say a TF WFC party at your house... like I did. Why no Guest ability like Halo? Why must campaign co op be online only? Did not like.

That said, playing online solo was pretty fun, designing your own characters was also cool, and the points/abilities system was pretty good.

I'd give it 6/10 in terms of an actual game, but 8.5/10 for fans. I loved the narrator, some of the bot designs, the names of the achievements, the nemesis - so many tips of the hat to G1 and other continuums. A game that I just want to keep playing despite the shortcomings I found.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Or get them to price-match themselves seeing as how they're advertising it for that price. I'm surprised EB are doing it so cheap, especailly cheaper than Big W.

My EB was selling it for $79.95 and JB $75 yesterday but it only cost me $2 after trade-in.

Now to put it bluntly I suck at games like this. I have a hard time on easy level. But I really am enjoying it so far.

dunno where autocon is up to but im brawl with megs n barra jumping across some damaged pieces floating in outerspace. the colour is dull. all bots are dark and the wall floor cieling are all pretty much the same colour. gameplay is same about other average shooters not like halo 1 but im only a lil way into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Towers_Spy View Post
    Overall, I really liked it. My only gripe is the multiplayer, and its a big gripe seeing as its such a huge part of the game. IMHO, and I'm sorry if anyone takes offence to this, but it seems to me like the designers created the multiplayer for people who have no friends play alone, and/or with anonymous people on the internet. It seems to me, in the case of Xbox 360 anyway, like they took a huge risk making it only possible to play multiplayer with friends IF you have 1) an xbox/console each, 2) a game each and 3) a xbox live gold membership. There's a fair bit of money needed here if you want to have, say a TF WFC party at your house... like I did. Why no Guest ability like Halo? Why must campaign co op be online only? Did not like.
    yeah that is what i forgot to mention specifically. i would have liked split screen co-op and escalation mode. 4 player multiplayer would have been a bit much to ask considering its not as polished as halo/cod

The one thing that bugs me the most is in one of the interviews, some guy says this is the Transformers game they've been waiting to play their whole life! And i just have to say bullshit. this is a good game but way too unpolished, seriously i could make it better.

the ultimate transformers game would have to a MMO! and virtual reality so i can fulfill my desperate desires to be a real transformer.

the thing I hated most was the installation time on the PS3... did it really take 15minutes to install??

Anyway, everything else is ok so far considering I only played for 15minutes lastnight after 9pm. Had to get up at 5am this morning!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I just finished chapter 6 (first autobot chapter).

I don't know how the console versions are, but on the pc, there are 10 chapers with 10 "stages" in each.

The first autobot one had a group of optimus, bumblebee and ratchet, you chose one to play, I went ratchet. It's all action action action. Encountered soundwave, he ejected some things, I don't really know what happened there, just some more fighting. Ironhide showed up at a point and saved us, and at the end we shot the crap out of starscream. He ended up fleeing.

Controls, I thought I'd be playing on my xbox controller....... no way! The mouse/keyboard rules this game. The controller was too hard. I was quite surprised. Probably because there was no aim assist, or that I'm not used to using both sticks at the same time, I've only used my controller for driving games.

Graphics are amazing, consoles will never know 1920x1080 resolution. I left the graphics on its default of medium quality, and even that was great. The in game was better looking than the cuts. And not a hint of slowdown, very fast and smooth. Oh yea, it uses the unreal engine. That's why I can get kick arse graphics and get them fast.

Whoever decided to not let this game into the country on pc is a f'ing moron. Best arcade shooter game in quite a while. I'm telling ya, this is finally a good transformers game. Future games need to use this as a basis. Promising fps and fps/rpg can be built on this. Sure it's not the best game in the universe, but it's the best tf game ever made.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------