Thread: MP12 preorder via ebay

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default MP12 preorder via ebay

I've noticed that you can preorder MP12 and MP12G via the ebay seller A-Plus "ANIME CAMERA CONNECT". The store has good feedback.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Takara-Tr...item5d49ae2b07

They say that the item will ship by the end of March and can take up to 30 days to arrive. You still pay up front. So the item may end up outside of Paypal's 45 day claim limit. What happens then if the item is faulty or never turns up?

Is it possible this is a scam? Has anyone used this seller or bought a preorder via ebay?

Thanks

If you have your PayPal linked with a credit card you can do a reverse chargeback if they try to scam you. It's really tedious tho.

Otherwise you could order them for a bit more through chimungmung.com and save yourself the wait.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Its seems to be second run of sideswipe. Very good deal if you are not in hurry but I am not a fan of pay first pre-order.

I've seen pre-order type listings on eBay for all sorts of Transformers in the past and like you have been very wary of the 45 day limit on paypal claims. personally I'd wait till it's within that window or go through another source. Even if it's not a scam, is it worth the risk for 10 to 20$
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

There's pre orders on Ebay for Wheeljack as well!

A+ Anime arent too bad to communicate with. I haven't purchased anything from them though.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

As stated, problem with pre-order is when you paid Paypal and is way off ahead of the Paypal claim. Its not worth the risk or hassle as you really cannot predict what will happen.

Further to that, if its a scam, thats the end for you. Trust me Paypal would care less as the transaction is considered expired. If its not a scam and there are issues, and the owner refunds the money you can be worse off if Aussie dollar is not as good. I had refunds before and I found myself $5 worse for the same amount refunded.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That works out to be about 162 shipped for both. I prordered my g2 sideswipe for 78aud ems with tracking. What are the chances of other online stores offering sideswipe reissue for $80 shipped? If its likely then might as well wait.

Thanks for all the replies guys, you reaffirmed my thoughts, not worth the risk for the small savings involved.

They are pushing my risk-o-meter button with this one though:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Takara-To...9b52862&_uhb=1

That is a huge saving compared to the current market rate. Although I am surprised its a pre-order considering that hasn't this been out for a few months now?

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's up for bid not buy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    That's up for bid not buy out.
    True, although they have a few on short end times that have received 0 or not many bids so it looks like the prices will be much lower than the going rate on MP11.