Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comic Review: Monstrosity IDW digital release

Interesting twist: After he and Grimlock bust up Trypticon from the inside, after the Autobots leave Megatron uses the spark he took from the Quintesson to repower Trypticon.

I wonder if that is how they explain that Trypticon is so much more powerful here than in the cameo's he has later on. Before he was powered by almost limitless reserves of the tainted primal energon, now just by a stolen spark.

Grimlock & Meg's in the belly of the beast was well done, and a nice portayl of Grimlock being stubborn, while Megatron is just as brutal but a long-view thinker as well. Kinda a cop out that Optimus was such a major character in the previous issues and in this last one all he does is lie there dying, not even a word.

Still, very much enjoyed this series overall

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Interesting twist: After he and Grimlock bust up Trypticon from the inside, after the Autobots leave Megatron uses the spark he took from the Quintesson to repower Trypticon.
    Oh that's what he was doing on that page.

I enjoyed the twist, prefer Trypticon as a thinking creation.

Wonder if that means we will see him at all in the present stories at some point? I imagine he is out of service dur to power issues but still around somewhere.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Trypticon appeared in a cameo in one of the Spotlights, Blaster's if I recall correctly, in a flashback to an important battle... but it didn't have much in common with Monstrosity's version. It had more in common with Dreamwave's War Within version as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Trypticon appeared in a cameo in one of the Spotlights, Blaster's if I recall correctly, in a flashback to an important battle... but it didn't have much in common with Monstrosity's version. It had more in common with Dreamwave's War Within version as I recall.
    He was also in a flashback which showed him, Optimus, Megs & Omega firing at an off-panel Thunderwing. In that shot he was only about a head taller than Omega, rather than his (in my opinion much more appropriate) massive Monstrosity form.

I prefer the Omega sized version, as in the Marvel comics, over the Metroplex sized version of the cartoon. I think the smaller version allows the character to be used more as a challenging but not impossible threat.

Default Transformers - Monstrosity

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg

Art - 10/10
    Story - 10/10
    Characters - 10/10

A great series, easily my favourite transformers comic series. 12 issues in total.

You have the great G1 monsters in modern art style of the marvel type IDW type.

Scorponok, Hun Gurr and all especially OVERLORD pit the battles out here.
    Last edited by griffin; 8th March 2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: hotlinking prohibited