Thread: Hotlinking prohibited - How do you insert/attach images here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yep, that did it. Thanks so much!

As I mentioned in a thread in the Grapple’s Creative section, I’ve been shooting videos, short ones, only a few seconds each (say, 5-10) that I wouldn’t mind posting here...
    Is this possible?
    Do I need to post them via a hosting site, like with photos? I use Imgur but it doesn’t seem to support videos (or I’m posting them to imgur wrong).
    People post GIFs here - how?
    Would I be better off either creating a GIF (don’t know how to do that, that’s another hurdle...) or creating a YouTube channel and posting a link to it?

I’d be grateful for any thoughts or ideas.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

This board doesn’t support embedded videos but gifs generally work. Should be fine if you upload them to imgur.
    If your clips are 5-10 seconds long I think gifs would work best. I’m sure you can work out how to do that with free software like gimp or firealpaca if you don’t have photoshop.
    If you want to keep them as videos you could also try uploading to Instagram. It’s probably better for short vids than YouTube, but you’ll have to post the link to the desktop/browser version of your page as this board also doesn’t support embedded Instagram posts.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

It's a shame there's no easy way to have videos, but yea YouTube seems the goer. Just like how I did the small stop motion animation for the Metroplex custom you had done for me

I'm keen to sell some of my bots and other toys...
    What's a good free photo hosting site that I can use these days that works well here?
    Cheers

Flickr
    Free accounts are limited to 1000 photos, straightforward share links (bbcode for this forum) and multiple size options

Imgur
    Best used from a desktop in my experience, they removed logging in from browsers on tablets Because it was “too hard” for them to maintain lol, haven’t tried the app in over a year so might be worth looking into. Check your privacy settings before uploading - don’t “publish to imgur” and you won’t get randoms commenting on your posts

Add these letters before .jpg to resize
    l = large size
    m = medium size
    t = thumbnail size
    s = small square size

Discord
    Create your own server and upload the pics there, have to be resized first if needed.

Tumblr
    I’m assuming you can still hotlink from your own tumblr account, the image addresses get refreshed periodically (yearly I think) so really only for temporary hotlinking

Instagram
    You can embed instagram posts (single images, not gallery/story/video posts) in this forum with a work around, try this:
    https://newscrewdriver.com/2018/07/1...ithout-plugin/
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Flicker sounds the goods!