Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eBay USA thoughts, comments and feedback

Default eBay USA thoughts, comments and feedback

Hiya all
    Wanting to know the overall feedback, experience on buying things off eBay that needs shipping from USA to Australia
    For me it seems to take ages for eBay sellers to respond to my enquiries especially with regards to whether item is shipped.
    Bought the sdcc 2013 metroplex with seller in USA with international shipping option. Won the auction but seller has not responded. Yes I did pay the seller

i get nearly all of my tf's from 1 seller in the usa and he's the most trustworthy of them all but it did take me a little while to actually find 1 like him cause it's pretty much hit and miss with them.i give him alist of my wants and he gets nearly all of them in quickly and always in great condition.so look him up, he's store name is sotherbuys.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    Hiya all
    Wanting to know the overall feedback, experience on buying things off eBay that needs shipping from USA to Australia
    For me it seems to take ages for eBay sellers to respond to my enquiries especially with regards to whether item is shipped.
    Bought the sdcc 2013 metroplex with seller in USA with international shipping option. Won the auction but seller has not responded. Yes I did pay the seller
    It's not much different to buying from anywhere else in terms of the eBay experience. The item takes longer to arrive (it can take anywhere between 1 to 2 weeks on average with First Class or Priority USPS shipping, but I've had items arrive as quickly as 4 days, and as long as 5 weeks, so it varies) and postage is more expenseive, but in terms of seller communication, you should get a reply from them within 24 to 48 hours (keeping in mind the time zone difference) if they are a reputable seller.. and they will always let you know whether the item has been posted or not. Also be aware that items shipped via eBay's Global Shipping Program may incur additional fees at checkout. The other main difference is that they will usually only accept Paypal as a payment method.

I usually give them 3 days to respond. Check their terms and conditions (Description, Postage & payments), too, as sometimes they will state whether there will be a delay for whatever reason. How long has it been?

thanks for the prompt reply: auction closed on the 28 July (3pm their time), did make payment during the day itself. Since then, I have not heard from the seller, sent him/ her a message (via ebay) yesterday morning (29 July our time) but till now I have not heard anything....

having a bad feeling as the first ever auction I won on ebay USA - seller had 2 negative feedback and have not responded to my message for 10 days that I decided to esclate the matter to ebay as "non-performance" on the seller side - No response/ no shipping notice - no action

this will be my 2nd experience with ebay USA - fingers crossed i will not be burnt - coming out USD$600 to date is not funny at this moment...

Megatron Guest

thanks for the prompt reply: auction closed on the 28 July (3pm their time), did make payment during the day itself. Since then, I have not heard from the seller, sent him/ her a message (via ebay) yesterday morning (29 July our time) but till now I have not heard anything....

having a bad feeling as the first ever auction I won on ebay USA - seller had 2 negative feedback and have not responded to my message for 10 days that I decided to esclate the matter to ebay as "non-performance" on the seller side - No response/ no shipping notice - no action

this will be my 2nd experience with ebay USA - fingers crossed i will not be burnt - coming out USD$600 to date is not funny at this moment...
    I'd say give them another day or two. If they have a good feedback score then it should work out fine. With the other seller you mentioned, 2 neg feedback is a big red flag to begin with.

Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I'd say give them another day or two. If they have a good feedback score then it should work out fine. With the other seller you mentioned, 2 neg feedback is a big red flag to begin with.

Let us know how it goes and good luck!
    It also depends why they've received the negative feedback. I always review their feedback first & determine if it was appropriate. If it's in regards to shipping, i shy away, i have however seen sellers with excellent shipping history with negative feedback -a result of the buyer not reading the details: leaving a negative reply because they got a medium size shirt, when the auction clearly stated it was a small etc.

All the best, i hope it gets sorted for you asap.

this particular seller that i have put a case with ebay has been getting positive feedback for other items that he/she recently acquired at the sdcc 2013 convention, hence i am very puzzled as to why I have not gotten any communication from the seller - I did read and re-read and re-read the description and there is international shipping provided..... i just want the seller to respond to me that is all... anyway it is in the hands of ebay now so fingers crossed, seller will respond as it is a ebay prompt and not a buyer's prompt....

decided to jump onto an alternative seller on ebay and yes did read and re-read the description and international shipping is provided - Global Shipping Program (some sort of 3rd party arrangement by ebay and courier)

So i am really puzzled as to why ebay sellers are not responsive on their communication at all....

fingers crossed

how do you search ebay for store names?

So i am really puzzled as to why ebay sellers are not responsive on their communication at all....

fingers crossed
    If you think there something funny...put a dispute straight away so all teh email get logged in your favour and then you should get your money back easy ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    It in the advance search menu on the right of the search button ...

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It also depends why they've received the negative feedback. I always review their feedback first & determine if it was appropriate. If it's in regards to shipping, i shy away, i have however seen sellers with excellent shipping history with negative feedback -a result of the buyer not reading the details: leaving a negative reply because they got a medium size shirt, when the auction clearly stated it was a small etc.

All the best, i hope it gets sorted for you asap.
    To clarify, I was going by nexusnixx's description, that he "had 2 neg feedback" and assumed that he meant 2 neg feedback only, not 2 neg feedback amongst 100+ positives. If the latter was the case, of course I would take all feedback into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    On your main search page or Summary page, click on "Advanced" to the left of the big blue Search button, at the top right hand side of your page.

Look for the Stores heading on the left hand side menu under "Advanced Search".

Click on Find Stores.