I used to go to Comic Kingdom in the city and Parramatta many moons ago as they always had plenty of back issues. Kings was always overpriced compared to CK back then but it was still dingy.
I had cause to deal with them a few years back when I missed out on an issue and I could not find it at any other comic shops (I called a lot).
When I called they told me that yes they had the issue but when I asked could they mail it out to me he said "you want me to mail one comic?"
I replied "what difference does it make to you if you mail one or ten as I am paying for the postage either way"
He was not impressed. Unfortunately I could not find the issue anywhere else so had my mate (who works in the city) pick it up for me. He's not into comics but is happy to check out new places and even he asked why I sent him into that "creepy place". Kings is in another league when compared to CK.

When Kings then opened a shop in Penrith I didn't need to go to the city or Parra (living in the Blue Mountains) as the extra little bit I paid was not worth the time or money of travelling to the others (plus I could put everything on standing order and hang out and read comics). I don't know the reason Kings Penrith closed but Darren the old boss told me the Fox Studios store wasn't doing so well so they were closing Penrith?!
Personally I would have like Penrith to stay around as it was the only comic shop west of Parra that also services the (lower) Blue Mountains. It would make a killing today with the boom in comic culture.
Kings investment in their business in the last decade has easily made them the most profitable comic shop in Sydney. They are definitely not the stereotypical musty comic shop.
I still have a standing order with them and get my stuff posted out regularly. When I want to get something I just call up and add it to standing order. Too easy. I think I am one of their longest running standing order customers, as all the staff seem to know who I am but I don't know them. I could get stuff a little cheaper elsewhere but Kings is so damn easy to deal with, and when there is a mistake they fix it quickly.
Funny story. On the second date with my (now) wife in 2010 we went into the city and went to Kings. When I asked to pick up my standing order (which is usually mailed out) they said "Your the Ken Reynolds?" My wife new then and there that she was dating a pretty serious super nerd.