• Jazz all the way!

6 26.09%
  • Sky Lynx man, he rocks!

12 52.17%
  • I've got another suggestion

5 21.74%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A difficult Encore decision

Yeah but Sky Lynx's gimmick actually works, at least.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I couldn't find any other thread Encore related even though I'm sure there is somewhere so I'll post this here. Please ignore the KO's
    http://www.ikana.com.au/catalog.php?...%2FBooks%2FDVD this is mainly for the Encore Skylynx. William the owner had sold his first lot but has just got another shipment in today i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Yeah but Sky Lynx's gimmick actually works, at least.
    Gimmick or not, I agree w/ Jaydisc's picture and assessment. I do have a love for the mold as Jaydisc is aware and tried convincing him myself but have come to terms that ultimately the transformation is terrible. He is, for all intents and purposes, an oversized Cyberslammer.

The walking gimmick really isn't that difficult or unique. A lot of the dino-rider toys at the time had the same ability. I still do find Sky Lynx to be neat b/c I think visually he looks very cool compared to the likes of Wheelie or Blurr or Sparkabots.

So yes ultimately the toy is a crap Transformer from an engineering point of view but that doesn't take away his scale and visual appeal for me. It's the type of collector I am. Hell, I'd rather buy at $300 statue than hunt down G1 Scorponok. I'm just not afraid to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    This is all pretty moot as Adzma has chosen Sky Lynx, but all this talk of Wheelie has been an unfortunate digression and has taken away from the primary point.... which is... Sky Lynx is an over grown Cyber Slammer.
    Oh don't stop just because I've already made my choice. I love the pointless banter on this board. That picture you drew was hilarious!

we just like to mess with your mmMmmMMMiiiiIiIiIIIinnNnNNnnNNNdDddD!1!

I already voted Sky Lynx but having received Jazz today I want to double the vote for Sky Lynx. Jazz loses something in the reissue/remould/reissue process where as Sky Lynx looks just right.

And ok some people don't like Sky Lynx, but it's a 1986 toy built around a gimmick (that works) with a more complex transformation than a lot of other new toys from that year, and a more realistic and fun alt mode than any of them.

so what was the final outcome?

skylynx?

yeah it was

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

I honestly don't see what's so bad about Skylinux.

It beats crappy Windows any day!

Well I was away for the last week but my Sky Lynx arrived on Friday, along with my Takara Classics Prime, so I got to open them up today. I haven't done much with Sky Lynx yet, but I'm please with my purchase. I was surprised by his size actually, I thought he was tiny. But yessum, thanks for the input all you Sky Lynx lovers out there.